Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

How to rub the forum mods the wrong way... (patting the cat backward...)

Captains,

Believe it or not, the thing we forum moderators enjoy doing the LEAST is removing posts from this forum and issuing warnings to forum users for failure to sign their posts.

Tonight in less than 10 minutes in the forum I removed 6 posts and issued 4 warnings.

Please...  Go to the general forum and read the forum guidelines.  You are required to sign your posts in this forum with your first and last name.

We have required this since 1999, and your compliance is expected and appreciated.  :hi:

Thank you,

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Don't ever pat a cat backwards. That is a very bad idea. (Robert, and possibly Kyle, may be a form of cat, so you have been warned.)

My cats don't mind as long as they get fed and deposit various carcasses around the house.

Is it an american phrase? Never heard it before.

Don't ever pat a cat backwards. That is a very bad idea. (Robert, and possibly Kyle, may be a form of cat, so you have been warned.)

Or a porcupine...

• Upvote 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

We have a new golden retriever...

She is a retired show dog.

You pat her the wrong way, you will need to have a limb reattached....

• Upvote 2

We have a new golden retriever...

She is a retired show dog.

You pat her the wrong way, you will need to have a limb reattached....

So the dog is your master?

Not in my home, brother Robert.

I command with a firm but kind iron fist in my castle.

...me looks to make sure the PTVCW is not watching me...

spacer.png

Captains,

Believe it or not, the thing we forum moderators enjoy doing the LEAST is removing posts from this forum and issuing warnings to forum users for failure to sign their posts.

Tonight in less than 10 minutes in the forum I removed 6 posts and issued 4 warnings.

Please...  Go to the general forum and read the forum guidelines.  You are required to sign your posts in this forum with your first and last name.

We have required this since 1999, and your compliance is expected and appreciated.  :hi:

Thank you,

Instead of people acting like the forum police and telling others to sign their full name on posts (very undiplomatic), they should just answer an unnamed post with a link to Cpt.Robert's new "Rub The Wrong Way" post.

• Upvote 1

Instead of people acting like the forum police and telling others to sign their full name on post

..or just ignore it and move on. But yes, it would be much better if there were people officially designated to do that sort of thing...wait, what..? 

I'm with you. Self-appointed moderators are one of my pet hates. 

Gents,

It is normal and customary for frequent users of the forum to welcome new members and point them in the way fitting in.

It can be done politely, in a welcoming manner and we encourage users to do so in that manner.

(And no, we don't need Forum Internal Affairs telling the Forum Police what to say/not to say.)  :dance: 

Prime Directive: Be Nice. 

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Be nice? On the internet? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Quite possibly, I've been on a not so voluntary break for the last two weeks, so it's possible that there was some new UN sponsored international convention that everyone has signed up to without my knowledge ;)

As for the nice and diplomatic approach, I'm all for that, we never know what the person on the other side is dealing with, could be exam stress, career or family pressure, or something worse.

I never read any of the manuals for the T7. Never. I learnt the basics of it by watching Kyle's awesome videos and reading answers to people's questions, that was the limit of my concentration levels at that stage. And I can't think of a single person who would have judged me harshly or refused me assistance at that stage if they knew what I am talking about here. But the key point is, nobody would have known unless I told them, which for good reason, I did not. We should not always assume the worst about people's failure to follow up on even simple requirements unless we know for certain that they have no good reason for not complying, and we cannot always guess or assume their reasons. There is no substitute for politeness.

As for the rule requiring signed posts, perhaps if there was a clear explanation for the requirement of the real name signature, there would be less resistance to it, after all, I doubt seriously that anyone in here has a problem with anyone not providing support to users of pirated copies.

• Upvote 1

As for the rule requiring signed posts, perhaps if there was a clear explanation for the requirement of the real name signature, there would be less resistance to it, after all, I doubt seriously that anyone in here has a problem with anyone not providing support to users of pirated copies.

Hi,

Actually there is one (but who did read it? :smile: ):

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

And the justification of the requirement for persons who are posting but are not requesting support?  Also, two days ago someone posted requesting support, signed his full name on the original post, but only his first name on a follow up post.  He was "attacked" by a person without a "PMDG" signature about the forum rules, except...his full name was also his screen name!  It seems some people who read this board seem to do so with the only intention of being the first person to jump on someone for failing to follow this one specific rule.  This is what they live for.

• Upvote 3