Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

PMDG 747 Livery for SAA.

Good day.

Firstly, thank you for such a well simulated aircraft! I was wondering whether there will be a more recent livery published for South African Airways? The livery provided is the old livery which was discontinued in the '90's I think. We did use the 747 with the new livery before switching to Airbus in 2007. Well done for producing such a beautiful simulation!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I was also wondering this as an ex South African. Also, I believe it is primarily "South African Airways" NOT "Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens" which brings back far too many memories of the past. "Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens" needs to stay back in the 70s where it belongs.

Both the SP, -200, -300 and -400 all wore the new Rainbow Flag livery, starting in the mid to late nineties.

• Upvote 1

Guys, political connotations aside - the old livery is FAR nicer than the new one in my opinion.   If nobody does the new livery I will give it a go though for those interested.   Which versions are you looking for?   Only the standard -400 or some of the other models as well?   I am nowhere near as good as Steve & Co with repaints, but this particular livery will present no problems :-).

Regards

Guys, political connotations aside - the old livery is FAR nicer than the new one in my opinion.   If nobody does the new livery I will give it a go though for those interested.   Which versions are you looking for?   Only the standard -400 or some of the other models as well?   I am nowhere near as good as Steve & Co with repaints, but this particular livery will present no problems :-).

Regards

Oh I agree on the old livery colours, it looks great, apart from the, as you say, political side of it. But yeah, if you want to go ahead, give the new one a go. I did the 777 in the new colours and it looked cool.

Which versions are you looking for?   Only the standard -400 or some of the other models as well?   I am nowhere near as good as Steve & Co with repaints, but this particular livery will present no problems :-).

Regards

Hey Werner, any chance you would give ZS-SAX a go? It's the first 747-400 I ever flew on, and I was lucky enough to have visited the cockpit on that flight to London.

Hey Werner, any chance you would give ZS-SAX a go? It's the first 747-400 I ever flew on, and I was lucky enough to have visited the cockpit on that flight to London.

Okay will start on it this evening - will update you with the progress :-).

Regards

• Upvote 1

Regards

Thanks a bunch, Werner, I really appreciate that.

Werner747, on 06 Feb 2017 - 3:13 PM, said:

Regards

Thanks in advance.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Regards

Why do you think its better?  :smile:

Why do you think its better?  :smile:

That orange tail with the flying springbok - used to be a presence at any airport!   I just love it!

Regards

Thanks a bunch, Werner, I really appreciate that.

Francois,

It is done!   I just need to roll it into a package to send to you.   

I put the right registration and accompanying four letter extension below it that actually was in ZS-SAX's cockpit, which is CQ-AS.   

I know it is not professional by any stretch of the imagination, but for those who want to fly the NC until someone brings something better along, this will do.

Hope you like and enjoy Francios.   If you want it Peter, I can get it to you as soon as she is packaged, just let me know.

Regards

• Upvote 1

I would love a copy too please?  How about uploading to AVSIM for us all to download?

Dankie!

Robert

Regards

Rob Kirk

I would love a copy too please?  How about uploading to AVSIM for us all to download?

Dankie!

Robert

Okay Robert will do. Will do it tonight. Will let you know when it is up there.

Regards

Saw the pics...looks great. Well done and thanks.

Peter Webber

Okay guys, it has been upload to the AVSIM library and should soon be available for download - enjoy :-).

Regards

• Upvote 1