Sign in to follow this  
HarrySindle

Emirates SkyCargo Livery Request

Hi Karan

Please do not worry about it you were not being selfish and how could you know what my health status is, so do not worry on that score it is just old age and the various punishments

I have put these old bones through over the years, and I would not change a moment of it.

Take care and back when I have something for you to take for a spin, and thank you for the concern it is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

Edited by hodge001

Where do i put the ptp file?

In the PMDG Ops Center select the 747 product then livery manager, then add a livery and browse to where you put the ptp file best place is on your desktop - David Lee

Ah thanks very much.

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D.

Ah thanks very much.

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D.

No sadly that has stopped me flying to the area any freighter companies that don't serve omdb. FlyTampa have the area but omsj and omdw are not covered. in the avsim library try this file I don't think it's compatible with the FlyTampa though 

omdw_fsx.zip

- David Lee

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D

Nothing yet other than basic AFCADs which should be okay since the airport itself is nowhere near the sight it's planned to be. We'll have to wait until this one comes out which does look like it will be payware quality.

Hi Folks

There is a pretty big mistake I made with the Emirates repaint packages in that they install into the 400F folder and not the 400ERF as they should have done,

my thanks to G van Veldhoven for letting me know anout the error.

I have no idea why I did that as I typed out ERF in the descriptions more than a couple of times when first installing them, well that’s old age for you I guess,

fortunately all is not lost as I have uploaded three new .ptp files with the correct information in them so if you download the new version you wanted you should

be good to go, so here are the new download links for the three versions (of the ERF this time sorry about that) I have run them at this end and they now perform

as they should have done in the first place…

For N497MC..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlvqm88yyqn0qmn/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_N497MC_02.zip

For OO-THC

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbz90vcun67jhxy/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THC_02.zip

And lastly for OO-THD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkal44s7xurnkan/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THD_02.zip

Again my apologies for the lack of concentration on my part and if anyone should have any other issues then do please let me know and I will try my best to help

if I can.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

I will update the original post if I am able to with the updated download links, again my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, and I promise I will get the hang of this repainting lark one day honest.

EDIT

it seems I cannot edit the original post containing the previous download links so I can only give my apologies again for any inconvenience.

Edited by hodge001
  • Upvote 1

Hi

You are more than welcome, as for myself well it is a bit like life in general you have so many good days and so many bad the trick is to find a balance that works for you,
I have yet to find the trick but I am working on it, and speaking of working on it I am having fun trying to get to grips with the patchwork quilt that is the Etihad Cargo livery
I will get there though even if I go mad in the meantime, it is an interesting scheme.

Take care and thank you for the good wishes it really is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

EDIT

The link below is a screen dump from ModelViewer of how she stands at the present time.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vdhugurazizcjid/PMDG_QOTSII_Etihad_400ERF.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the livery I've been looking for one for the past few days, can't wait to fly it. I'm looking into doing a fictional PAX version of the 747 for Emirates if you could message me where you got the font that would be amazing I can't seem to find it anywhere at all.

Cheers

Hi krazyk

It is a bit of a mess at present gut it is getting there, although I did not get to do much yesterday I will crack on with the scheme today as much as I can and see what happens.

As for the post above yours regarding the logo I have sent you a PM with a download link for the raw psd file and for a .bmp version of it as the logo is a mix of available graphics

and some hand drawn elements of my own, I hope one of them is of some use and if mot them just let me know what format you can use and I will upload a copy.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi again

Firstly my apologies for the typos in the above, by the time I noticed them I could not edit the post, I must use spellcheck more often,
but back to business which is that I have manged to get the Etiad Cargo scheme to a stage that is worth taking for a spin, so if you would
like to then here is the download link for the .ptp file…

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n6zb44racjyk6yz/PMDG_747-4HAF%28ER%29_EY_N476MC_01.zip

As usual if you should find anything that slipped by me then do please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hokinson

pulbmk127ppxtba7g.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks great Jim!  I know that tail and spine could have been easy.  :shok:

I'm working on getting my Lufty wings looking just right (Darn them for painting them white....those who don't paint can't appreciate all the little bits and pieces that you have to touch on the wings to get every part that is painted white)

Oh...and if anyone knows what it says in the breaks on the black line on the Lufty wings (Or has a good closeup of them), I'd really appreciate it!  I'm thinking "No Step" but maybe in German...so "kein Schritt" <sp>?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve

Thanks for the complement it means a lot coming from a fellow repainter and I have seen your work so it means even more, and you are correct the spine was a bit of a bear,

mind you so was the rest of the patchwork quilt effect they have used, as for the Lufthansa wing text I have looked around but I have not seen anything either that gives a good

enough image to be able to read the text, I will keep looking around though, on the Lufthansa A320 the text that breaks the line reads Do Not Walk Outside This Area, not much

help I know but it was the only thing I managed to find.

I will let you know if I come up with anything on the wing text, and thanks again for the generous comments.

Jim Hodkinson