Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Best helicopter for p3d

1 minute ago, newtie said:

Does the Milviz 407 work in V4?

Says v3 on the site but you never know.

I stayed with V 3.4 because it works fine, and I don't think any of my copters work in V 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks.

I'm flying the Milviz Huey but was looking for something a tad smaller.

When(?) it is readied for P3Dv4 you won't do much better than Milviz' MD530. In fact, if you're on P3Dv3.4 get it anyway. The update will be free (at the time of going to press)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just bought the Alabeo copter and took a short jaunt prior to running out thr door to a Giants game. Looks and flies nice. On sale too!

I had the Robinson R44 for FSX.  Don't know if it works in P3d but if it does, fine copter.  I flew in an R44 during a Goodyear AZ airshow several years ago and it was quite exhilarating, very smooth ride even in the turbulent desert air.

John

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

When(?) it is readied for P3Dv4 you won't do much better than Milviz' MD530. In fact, if you're on P3Dv3.4 get it anyway. The update will be free (at the time of going to press)

Thanks. I'm still on P3D3.4 because of the wonderful Dodosim. If the Dodo goes the way of the dodo in P3D 4.0, is the Milviz MD530 the go to heli now for realistic flight dynamics?

1 hour ago, glider1 said:

Thanks. I'm still on P3D3.4 because of the wonderful Dodosim. If the Dodo goes the way of the dodo in P3D 4.0, is the Milviz MD530 the go to heli now for realistic flight dynamics?

The Milviz 530 is my favorite copter to fly

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If the Dodo goes the way of the dodo in P3D 4.0, is the Milviz MD530 the go to heli now for realistic flight dynamics?

I believe the MilViz Huey Redux is the closest to Dodo realism, all the rest are a layer below.

But nothing better in P3D.
Cheers
Keith

1 hour ago, keithb77 said:

I believe the MilViz Huey Redux is the closest to Dodo realism, all the rest are a layer below.

But nothing better in P3D.
Cheers
Keith

Friend of mine is a Copter CFI, and he thinks the 530F is the most realistic of the Milviz units. 

Has anyone tried dropping the Nameth/Milviz Skycrane into V4 to see if it works?

A few of my FSX aircraft work ok and wondering if this beast works for some water bombing. If not it will be the Milviz Huey..

Darren Howie

Another bump for P3D V4 heli revival. Shopping for a heli thats hopefully on a BF Sale. Seems like the most realistic ones are not ready for v4 though. 

Some polls some may find useful. 

Best Helis across all sim platforms

Best heli sim platform

P3D needs some work and lags 5th. Must be a way to have an external FDE model like our other premium addons for aircraft. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

22 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

P3D needs some work and lags 5th. Must be a way to have an external FDE model like our other premium addons for aircraft. 

Indeed, a nicely working heli model would be really good.
But just as a side-note: there are no existing external flight-models for the premium add-ons. Some of them are modeling a small portion of the flight-model externally (usually engines). Those experiments are far from being a complete external model. It hasn't been done yet and probably won't happen for a long time.

53 minutes ago, Potroh said:

Indeed, a nicely working heli model would be really good.
But just as a side-note: there are no existing external flight-models for the premium add-ons. Some of them are modeling a small portion of the flight-model externally (usually engines). Those experiments are far from being a complete external model. It hasn't been done yet and probably won't happen for a long time.

Are you talking about helis only?  Its my understanding the MJC Q400 is nearly all external FDE. It behaves quite different from others. So if P3D heli FDE is so poor theres got to be a way they can use an external engine. Lots of things were said to be impossible years ago and look where we are today with some aircraft and WX addons. 

Just found this one for V4. Seems favorable. Anyone else flying this?

https://www.pchelicopters.com/index.php/helicoptersimulators/p3d/guimbal-cabri-g2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I just watched this 

Watching the pilots control, flight dynamics "appear" to be quite good. It apparently supports the GNS 430 or 530, probably the GTN models too. The kneeboard seems clever. I'm tempted.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On sale at Simmarket too for the next couple of days :)
But too small for me...not a money earner in FSEconomy - will stick to the Xplane Bell 412

Cheers
Keith