Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Best helicopter for p3d

7 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Are you talking about helis only?  Its my understanding the MJC Q400 is nearly all external FDE. It behaves quite different from others.

No, not just helis.
Regarding the Q400 it is aprox 10% of the dynamic model that is external.

One thing I notice in both videos is that the "string" is broken, because it is giving opposite indication from what the turn coordinator shows... - The ball is displaced to the same side the string is...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Regarding helicopter flying in P3D. It's nowhere near realistic. The only realistic helicopter on the platform was Dodosim Bell 206 which was fenomenal. But it came with it's own flight dynamics engine if I remember correctly. But it only works in FSX and earlier versions of P3D. Other than that, you will have to try out X-plane if you'd like realistic helicopter simulation.

• Upvote 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

On 18.9.2017 at 2:20 AM, glider1 said:

Thanks. I'm still on P3D3.4 because of the wonderful Dodosim. If the Dodo goes the way of the dodo in P3D 4.0, is the Milviz MD530 the go to heli now for realistic flight dynamics?

As much as I love the MD530 helicopter, it's flight dynamics are nowhere near how the real one handles. But that's due to the rediculous helicopter simulation in P3D. What I did in P3D v3.x was to use HTR (helicopter total realism) with Milviz MD530. The difference is huge. HTR can be downloaded for free at hovercontrol.com. Not sure if it works in P3Dv4. This is the only way you can have realistic helicopter flight dynamics in P3D. Other option is to move to X-plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

I do not even have P3D installed, so I can't judge from my own experience with this particular add-on, but as far as it's mentioned somewhere, it uses it's own customized flight dynamics, apparently independent of MSFS's bugged rotary wing engine.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes the HTR mod WORKS IN P3D VERSION 4 !

Three posters have already said this and there is a video on Youlube, showing it working.

Together, this makes it THE best chopper in P3D.

It is better than the Huey on Framereate performance too.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Bobsk8 said:

What do you need as controllers to fly these helis? I used to fly Rc Copters, and have flown twice in real life in an R22, so I know a little about copter flying. 

Bob,

I've got 3,000 hours in helicopters from my military days which include a CH-54 (SK-54) type rating. I can not fly any of the flight sim helicopters. For me flying helicopters is about feel and the coordination between the anti-torque pedals, cyclic and collective which doesn't exist for me in flight sims.  But on the other side I probably wouldn't be a very good R22 pilot since all the helicopter I flew had high inertia rotor systems. 

I did think about buying the Milviz "Charlie" model since I flew them in Vietnam. They did get the correct rotor head and blades on it. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Bob,

I've got 3,000 hours in helicopters from my military days which include a CH-54 (SK-54) type rating. I can not fly any of the flight sim helicopters. For me flying helicopters is about feel and the coordination between the anti-torque pedals, cyclic and collective which doesn't exist for me in flight sims.  But on the other side I probably wouldn't be a very good R22 pilot since all the helicopter I flew had high inertia rotor systems. 

I did think about buying the Milviz "Charlie" model since I flew them in Vietnam. They did get the correct rotor head and blades on it. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Hi...

Just curious - have you tried the DCS UH-1 ?

I’ll tell ya - that one is like balancing on a the head of a pin - tain’t easy - heard other egg beaters claim it’s the “most realistic” they’ve ever seen in a sim...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 9/18/2017 at 2:20 AM, glider1 said:

Thanks. I'm still on P3D3.4 because of the wonderful Dodosim. If the Dodo goes the way of the dodo in P3D 4.0, is the Milviz MD530 the go to heli now for realistic flight dynamics?

Unfortunately Milviz MD530 doesn't come close to Dodosim. If you want realistic flight dynamics for helicopters I'm afraid you will have to move over to X-plane or DCS World. That being said, a new version of the Bell 206 for Prepar3D v4 from Dodosim is under development. When it will release is a different question 😛

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Yes the HTR mod WORKS IN P3D VERSION 4 !

Three posters have already said this and there is a video on Youlube, showing it working.

Together, this makes it THE best chopper in P3D.

It is better than the Huey on Framereate performance too.

I could not get it to work in the Milviz MD530. Gave me some really strange behaviour when I was testing this out for a friend who owns the MD530.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Just curious - have you tried the DCS UH-1 ?

I have not tried it.  

To give you a sense of how sensitive the UH-1 is in real life image this.  Take both hands and make a circle with the thumbs and index fingers touching.  Now imagine a fist inside that circle.  I and most high time UH-1 pilots could fly all day and not touch the sides of your hands.  The amount of travel in the cyclic is about 12 inches from the center to one side.  There is 3,000 psi hydraulic pumps moving the cyclic and I can move the cyclic with the tip of my finger on top.  If the hydraulics fail it takes both hands to move the cyclic.  

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Hi Wilhelm,

Hah - sounds hard - might want to watch a video or two on the DCS one - it can be frustratingly hard - but that doesn't necessarily mean correct...

Have a good night - sir...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

10 hours ago, NorwegianAviator said:

I could not get it to work in the Milviz MD530. Gave me some really strange behaviour when I was testing this out for a friend who owns the MD530.

Did you rename the configuration files correctly ? Only the 500 is officially supported, but changing the name makes it work.

11 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Did you rename the configuration files correctly ? Only the 500 is officially supported, but changing the name makes it work.

Okay, thanks for the tip. I will give it another shot to see what happens 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

On 2/5/2017 at 9:35 PM, kdfw__ said:

HTR works for p3d (if fsuipc works, HTR should work) so rotorcraft fde isn't bound to garbage fsx based fde.  there are many HTR profiles for top-notch cera models.

hi there! do you know if you can attach a F1GTN750? and if so, can you go on autopilot?

nice video!!