Sign in to follow this  
calooom

A Couple of Observations

Firstly, great job by the team PMDG. It's a beauty to fly and probably one of the finest aircraft created for Flight Sim. I really love the new ground physics model.

I noted a few things that I couldn't find "quirks" for in the manual. Not sure if they're bugs or how the real aircraft handles things. There's also a few other things too:

- The EULA on the Prepar3d version reads that "It can only be used for FSX" on a few lines

- There's a couple of references to the ol' 777 in the tutorial guide. I'm happy to point them out in more detail if you'd like?

- I'm struggling to reset the baro. I can switch between Baro and Radios and adjust the values just fine. However, when I click reset, nothing happens. Not sure if this is how-is and I'm doing something wrong or a small bug.

- The nav lights stay on when I've turned the aircraft into a complete cold and dark state (no power running through at all, battery standby off etc).

Just a couple of things I've noticed. 

Great aircraft and a pleasure to fly. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything else.

Thanks

- I'm struggling to reset the baro. I can switch between Baro and Radios and adjust the values just fine. However, when I click reset, nothing happens. Not sure if this is how-is and I'm doing something wrong or a small bug.

Page 44 of the introduction manual provides the answer.

Marc ter Heide

- The nav lights stay on when I've turned the aircraft into a complete cold and dark state (no power running through at all, battery standby off etc).

Is the brake pressure gauge showing pressure?

Your aircraft may be fitted with a Towing Bus. This powers the nav lights, brake pressure gauge, allows you to park the brakes (if there is residual hydraulic pressure) and illuminates a few lights here and there. The Standby Power Switch must be OFF.

Cheers

John H Watson

Is the brake pressure gauge showing pressure?

Your aircraft may be fitted with a Towing Bus. This powers the nav lights, brake pressure gauge, allows you to park the brakes (if there is residual hydraulic pressure) and illuminates a few lights here and there. The Standby Power Switch must be OFF.

Cheers

John H Watson

I'll check when I get back on the ground in a few hours. Thanks for the advice

So I had a double check. All power sources are OFF. I have the GPU still plugged in, but switched off (in AVAIL state). When I have this, NAV (and cabin) lights are still on. As soon as I disconnect the GPU completely, nav lights (and cabin) are off.

No other lights / displays are showing. Brake pressure is 0.

Hope this helps

ah.. ok. .makes sense. When the GPU is plugged into the #1 socket, even though the EXT #1 switch is showing AVAIL, parts of the aircraft will be powered. However, the Navigation LIghts will not be powered unless someone then pushes a "Ground Service" Switch on a panel near passenger entry door Left 2. There must be an PMDG virtual engineer standing at L2 :D

On some 744s, the landing lights illuminate at very low intensity when this Ground Service Switch button is pushed. In the air, when the landing lights are switched off, a heating current is passed through the lamps to keep them warm. This helps prevent "thermal shock" and subsequent lamp element breakage when the lights are turned on. During Ground Service operation, certain parts of the aircraft think they are in the air.

The lights look quite bright here, but they are just using heater current during Ground Service operation.

GroundServiceLandingLight.jpg

PMDG is correct (if there is a virtual engineer)

Cheers

John H Watson