Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

WAMA (Where are my aircraft) released

This is a bit of advertising, I'm sorry, but I'm very excited about this tool, that I want to share:

WAMA - Where Are My Aircraft was released in simMarket.

Now you can see all your addons where they have been parked in the last position you have used them.

So, you can now park all your lovely A2A GA planes at your homebase and will see them in your simulator waiting for you. Or you are a billionaire and collect your Connie and B17, T6 and so on at Salzburg Red Bull Hangar!

1Gwm6DU.jpg

8I6OcZn.png

For me, that was a long time dream that comes true now ;)

• Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guenter

Great idea, long overdue... what do you mean by "when connected, it will etc." In the product page ? Connected to what ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Connected to the sim.

WAMA is an exernal application and could be manually or automatically connected to the sim.

Not connected means, that you do not see your parked AI Addons

It's cool to see one of my new UPS 747 in EDDF at the cargo gate, when I depart with my 747 Pax version ;)

Guenter Steiner

*ahem* VAAS

Imagine loading a pmdg 777 and 747 in one airport. OOM time.

• Upvote 1

This is a bit of advertising, I'm sorry, but I'm very excited about this tool, that I want to share:

WAMA - Where Are My Aircraft was released in simMarket.

Now you can see all your addons where they have been parked in the last position you have used them.
So, you can now park all your lovely A2A GA planes at your homebase and will see them in your simulator waiting for you. Or you are a billionaire and collect your Connie and B17, T6 and so on at Salzburg Red Bull Hangar!

1Gwm6DU.jpg

8I6OcZn.png

For me, that was a long time dream that comes true now ;)

Discover it this morning at SimMarket. It really looks interesting.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

*ahem* VAAS

Imagine loading a pmdg 777 and 747 in one airport. OOM time.

I hope that forum rules allow me to chime in here...

VAS has certainly been a consideration when designing this app.

1. The WAMA database has an option to replace any of the saved aircraft with a more lightweight model that looks the same. So if you have a fleet of PMDG aircraft, you can replace those models with, for example, their WOAI/MT6/UT2/whatever counterparts (= low poly but same livery).

2. Not all models are in the simulator all the time. WAMA keeps track of your position, and it will only load models that you can actually see and remove those that are too far away.

3. Only the external models are used for depiction. So the memory footprint would depend on the 3D model and the textures alone. Without the VC and its myriad of tiny switches, knobs and displays - and without the systems logic - the VAS impact isn't too bad. YMMV

Edit: Still, it would be a good idea to start your sim with a default/leightweight model when you plan to walk between your collection. Orbx Bob or the Lorby Camera Pod would be a good choice (the pod is available as a free download on the Lorby website, and BOB is freeware too AFAIK).

A note to P3D users: avoid starting your sim using the Avatar as your primary vehicle. There is an "oddity" in P3D; when using the Avatar not all SimConnect functions are permitted - because the Avatar doesn't support them. So every SimConnect client (like WAMA) is in trouble when trying to make use of those functions. I have posted this issue on the LM forums, but I am not sure if this can be resolved.

As a workaround, always use one of the default aircraft to start the sim - then you can switch to the Avatar without problems (=select the Avatar as your own vehicle, do not only switch to Avatar mode - the difference is, that the first option removes the aircraft that you started with, and that you don't need anyway).

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I see absolutely no VAS difference using it

Guenter Steiner

I hope that forum rules allow me to chime in here...

VAS has certainly been a consideration when designing this app.

1. The WAMA database has an option to replace any of the saved aircraft with a more lightweight model that looks the same. So if you have a fleet of PMDG aircraft, you can replace those models with, for example, their WOAI/MT6/UT2/whatever counterparts (= low poly but same livery).

2. Not all models are in the simulator all the time. WAMA keeps track of your position, and it will only load models that you can actually see and remove those that are too far away.

3. Only the external models are used for depiction. So the memory footprint would depend on the 3D model and the textures alone. Without the VC and its myriad of tiny switches, knobs and displays - and without the systems logic - the VAS impact isn't too bad. YMMV

Edit: Still, it would be a good idea to start your sim with a default/leightweight model when you plan to walk between your collection. Orbx Bob or the Lorby Camera Pod would be a good choice (the pod is available as a free download on the Lorby website, and BOB is freeware too AFAIK).

A note to P3D users: avoid starting your sim using the Avatar as your primary vehicle. There is an "oddity" in P3D; when using the Avatar not all SimConnect functions are permitted - because the Avatar doesn't support them. So every SimConnect client (like WAMA) is in trouble when trying to make use of those functions. I have posted this issue on the LM forums, but I am not sure if this can be resolved.

As a workaround, always use one of the default aircraft to start the sim - then you can switch to the Avatar without problems (=select the Avatar as your own vehicle, do not only switch to Avatar mode - the difference is, that the first option removes the aircraft that you started with, and that you don't need anyway).

Best regards

Oh. 

Looks awesome. Congrats on release. Question...

Is the addon always enabled? Or do I have to turn it on every time I start my sim? Can I only view my aircraft "within" the addon, or will the other aircraft always appear when I depart or arrive at an airport? If I fly 300nm to an airport, and I have another plane parked there, will it appear there when I land?

I use Air Hauler 2 quite often, and I park all of my charter planes at my home base after returning from a job. So if I load my sim, all of my planes will appear there? I assume I will have to park them in different spots in the same area.

Sorry I just asked the same question 6 different way. Just wanted to be clear...

Thanks!

It's probably just me, but I really can't see the use for this programme. Why would I care to see my aircraft in an airport? Is it all my aircrafts in my simobjects hangar I can see or only the last one I flew in? Let's say I always fly the cessna 172 from / to different airports, will I then only see the Cessna or what? An as I use ai traffic in my scenery, why would I want to see the cessna parked between heavies in ie. EHAM?  I would like to see you make a video explaining what excactly the programme is for, cause I don't get it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

why would I want to see the cessna parked between heavies in ie. EHAM? 

You would only see your Cessna in between heavies if you parked your Cessna at a commercial terminal. 

I see why it may not add to your experience. I see it adding a great deal of immersion for Air Hauler users though. 

Is the addon always enabled?:

A: no, its an external EXE. You could start it also via the EXE.xml (you have to add this manually) or with simStarter as I do.

Can I only view my aircraft "within" the addon, or will the other aircraft always appear when I depart or arrive at an airport?

A: I do not fully understand you here, sorry. When WAMA is started, it generates from its database all saved/parked aircraft within a certain range around you. Other AI Traffic is also visible (e.g. MyTraffic).

If I fly 300nm to an airport, and I have another plane parked there, will it appear there when I land?

A: Yes, thats exactly how it works. It does not pop-up, I don't know the range, but it is outside your visibility. But to save ressources it is deleted outside that bubble.

So if I load my sim, all of my planes will appear there? I assume I will have to park them in different spots in the same area.

A: Yes, all planes you have been using in earlier flights. WAMA does autosave the position (triggered by parking brake) or you could use a button. It is then saved in the WAMA database.

And of course, you have to choose different parking locations. But you could park really close together, if needed.

btw. I'm not the developer, just a happy user whos dream is fullfilled after many years ... ;)

@ Jorn

head over to simMarket and have a look at the promo video

It is surely not useful to everybody. And of course you will not park your Cessna at the airliners gates. And if you only fly one single addon, then it is completely useless for you.

But in my case I have several A2A GA planes (and propliner) and Q400, PMDG stuff etc. and all in different liveries. And I'm happy to see my planes now parked all over the country in various spots.

Approaching an airport in a 747 and see a Cessna I have parked a few days before at the GA Terminal as I taxi to my heavy gate is simply nice ;)

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner

Can you have different paint schemes of the same model parked together?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Something I really need... better than my wife at showing me all the aircraft (licenses) I have purchased.  LOL

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If I fly 300nm to an airport, and I have another plane parked there, will it appear there when I land?

A: Yes, thats exactly how it works. It does not pop-up, I don't know the range, but it is outside your visibility. But to save resources it is deleted outside that bubble.

Okay that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm gonna give it a try, as I believe it will add a lot to my Air Hauler experience. The price is very fair, so there is no reason for me not to give it a shot.

Will this be on sale at FlightSimStore or FSPilotShop?

Thanks!

BB