Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Lear Landing/Taxi lights do not illuminate tarmac

Could someone please suggest a fix for this? It seems the Lear taxi and landing lights cannot be seen from the cockpit and do not illuminate the runway or tarmac. From an outside view one can see a faint illumination on the ground and the lights are very bright if one looks at them from outside. But they do not illuminate the ground. The only other aircraft I have flown recently is the PMDG 737 NGX and those lights work fine. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could someone please suggest a fix for this? It seems the Lear taxi and landing lights cannot be seen from the cockpit and do not illuminate the runway or tarmac. From an outside view one can see a faint illumination on the ground and the lights are very bright if one looks at them from outside. But they do not illuminate the ground. The only other aircraft I have flown recently is the PMDG 737 NGX and those lights work fine. Any ideas?

Well, my bad I guess. This morning I made a flight from HOT to PQI. I started the flight in a C & D cockpit with just enough ambient light from the surroundings to make out the switches so that went well. After turning on the batt I tried the taxi light but couldn't see it illuminating the ground. However, after going through the prep routine and starting the engines, voila the lights work fine. So I'm wondering whether the lights will not work until the generators are running? Guess I missed that in the docs. Anyway all is well now.

Thanks

Rick

Just generalising -taxi and landing lights are, by  their nature, very bright and powerful, so I guess it would make sense not to have them sapping loads of battery life nd only working when the gennys are online.

Hi Folks,

Mark was reworked much of the electrical system in this last update - I followed his work with Bjoern doing what works and what doesn't based on battery voltage...

Regards,
Scott

Just generalising -taxi and landing lights are, by  their nature, very bright and powerful, so I guess it would make sense not to have them sapping loads of battery life nd only working when the gennys are online.

Makes perfect sense.