Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Cera Bell 222 question

When I start FSX se the helicopter is already running. When I give it full throttle I see some of the engine gauges move up. 

When I pull back on the stick the helicopter just sits there. I can't get it to leave the ground.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/ - This Web Page has an Excellent Flight School for Helicopter Pilots ! They have an Top Notch Explanation of  the Principles of Flight, as Applied to Helicopters !! Good Luck !! - Johnman

I have found that my Saitek X52 throttle is running backward. When I pull back on the stick it starts to roll back. Pulling forward on the stick it rolls forward. Still unable to leave the ground. I'm not starting out at ' cold and dark. I first click on ' ready to fly' from the diagram.

I'm guessing as a layman who flies RC helicopters, that your Saitek throttle is only connected to the engines and not the collective pitch. If the rotor begins to generate lift then the torque readings would go up as well as engine rpms... and the heli would leave the ground ;)

Is there an option in the sim to make it command the collective - even if it's backwards??

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I don't know about the sim but I'll check the FUICP ( so long before I've been there can't remember the spelling) even though I hate to mess with that, it may be my only solution. Thanks

I checked FSUIPC and couldn't find anything there that would help. I pushed the two hydraulic buttons on the overhead and what I found was that when my stick is pulled back the heli did not roll back like it did before the two buttons were pushed. I also noticed in moving my stick the stick ( bar ) barely moved about one inch in any direction. I don't know if that's normal.

At full throttle the RPM Gauge is showing about 8. The Torque Gauge is showing needle 1=3    needle 2=3    needle r=3. I checked the collective and both engines showing 100%. Once again I notice when my Saitek X52 is moved in full motion the cyclic bar in the Cera is moving very little, about an inch in all directions.

It seems as if there is no collective pitch being applied to the rotor - if it were you'd probably tip the bird over with full left or right cyclic. 

I've no idea what to suggest now. Do you have any other helis you can try in the sim, and do they work?

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

All the other helis work fine. Is that collective pitch handle on the left side of the seat? Does yours move?

All the other helis work fine. Is that collective pitch handle on the left side of the seat? Does yours move?

Sorry, I don't have that add-on, just generalising based on what helicopters are supposed to do. Yes, that handle to the left of the seat is the collective pitch with a twist grip throttle for the handle.

Mark Robinson

I noticed on the Cera Sim Website that the 222 only works with FSX. I have FSX SE that could be the reason right there.