Sign in to follow this  
Nicrative

Maintenance door open?

Hello,

I am struggling to identify this door and why it is open. Can anyone help me and is it possible to close such door. I have even no idea how could I have possibly opened it. I only know it's not one of the Main Landing gear doors because they are behind that door (inside the red square on my picture). Also I know that far that someone from maintenance has failed to do his work :D

Currently on my EICAS GEAR page I see all landing gear doors closed and on my Doors page I see no doors open. Also checking my FMC FS ACTIONS no doors are open. So I guess it has nothing to with those doors.

Any help is appreciated to make me understand what's happening there :)

AOpTEfC.jpg

My guess is you forgot to properly release the Air Conditioning Unit under the CDU Ground Connections menu.  That is the unit that causes that access panel to open/close.

Dz51Y2nl.png

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Any help is appreciated to make me understand what's happening there :)

What is the default aircraft in you sim?

Kyle Rodgers

dmiannay: Yes that must be it! Was a bit in hurry for my departure today, so could be I forgot that one. But then my ground crew also told the "aircraft was clear" :P. I blame ground crew :D

Just a suggestion maybe: When you release the chocks I think it disconnects the ground equipment. When that is done maybe close that door as well automatically. Or make it impossible to remove chocks before all equipment is clear. If I remember correct I just released the chocks and assumed that would disconnect all the ground equipment like on B737 and B777.

scandinavian13: It's the F22 fighter or whatever that is. haven't paid too much attention on it as I really just fly it to quickly test sceneries.

For info... The screenshot shows two air hoses. One is associated with Pack 1 air distribution, the other, an option, is associated with pack 2. A third one, not shown, is associated with pack 3.

The pack 2 air distribution system can feed the airconditioning system in the forward cargo area (another option). The pack 3 air distribution system can feed the optional airconditioning system in the aft cargo area.

These doors aren't very strong in the open position. You may find you have no door when you arrive at your destination :wink:

Cheers

John H Watson

Yeah, that I figured out it's not that strong door :D. Guess my around the world trip has to take a break as the maintenance takes a look on that door before the next flight :P