Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

P3Dv3.3.5 is amazing! (FSL A320x related)

Guys, after 2 weeks of numerous tweaks, sweat and anger, been finally flying FSL A320 last 3 days, and NO SINGLE CTD (!!!) with these settings:

LOD: 5.5 (!!!)

SCENERY COMPLEXITY = DENSE

AUTOGEN VEGETATION = DENSE

AUTOGEN BUILDING = NORMAL

FSUIPC TRAFFIC LIMITER = 100

VC MAX TEXTURES = 2048

MAX TEXTURES= 1024

AS16/ASCA on a client pc:

CLOUD LAYERS: 5

DEPARTURE: FlyTampa's EKCH or EHAM

ARRIVAL:        UK2000 Heathrow v3

VAS REMAINING: 

at T/O:

EKCH: 900+

EHAM: 800+

at GATE in EGLL:

ABOUT 310 and kicking!

I'm too lazy even to try to repeat the same with P3Dv3.4 hf3

With the above settings I know I won't be an early adapter of P3Dv4 for sure.

BTW are there even more VAS demanding scenarios than arrival at Heathrow?

Thanks,

Dirk. 

PS: ask your questions if you'd like to fly with the same settings. But I feel like I'm chosen, what can be else desired?! :D

What is LOD 5.5?

Do you have a print of your settings screen?

I like to use ProjectFLY to monitor VAS.

Got the new PMDG 747 v3, when I load it on Aerosoft's EDDF v2.0.8 (latest update) it already starts the warning "High VAS usage" and my settings are basically the same you have.

But I'm using P3D v3.4.22

Yes, Dirk. I can absolutely confirm your experience. I'm flying more than happily around the whole Europe with my FSL320X. I even have my scenery and autogen at far right, though i don't have any traffic except the guys on VATSIM. Last flight was out of EDDL  (by Aerosoft) and the worst case scenario so far. We took off with only 600MB available. During the flight around 400MB (!!) were released and started the descent with around the extremely comfortable 1000MB available VAS, which is basically a VAS permitting you to land on any scenery. What makes me even more euphoric is the FSLA320X itself.. Simply the best thing i've ever had on my desktop.. That's a different matter though..

Best Regards, 

See you in the skies, 

Vic

• Upvote 1

But I can't live without LOD: 8.5. :P

Joking ...a bit, but I'm a bush player so I guess other rules apply to us.

Flying on 10.000 m LOD 5.5 is just fine, but if you wanna get down and dirty... than few notch up is almost a must. Although, frankly... I don't notice a huge change with it. :smile:

On second though maybe I shouldn't even reply here, probably you'll agree but I count on your good heart. :wink:

Btw and correct me if I'm wrong FSX default LOD is 4.5 and P3D 6.5.

+1 to this. EKCH - EGLL this weekend with 3.4.9.18400 almost same settings and about 450-500 mb to spare. EGLL was Aerosoft.

Now i just hope we will get an save/load bug free solution in the future as i like to do my approaches a couple of times practice visual, autolands.

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

+1 to this. EKCH - EGLL this weekend with 3.4.9.18400 almost same settings and about 450-500 mb to spare. EGLL was Aerosoft.

Now i just hope we will get an save/load bug free solution in the future as i like to do my approaches a couple of times practice visual, autolands.

Michael Moe

That's interesting. Did you try v3.4 (3.4.22.19868)??

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yes, Dirk. I can absolutely confirm your experience. I'm flying more than happily around the whole Europe with my FSL320X. I even have my scenery and autogen at far right, though i don't have any traffic except the guys on VATSIM. Last flight was out of EDDL  (by Aerosoft) and the worst case scenario so far. We took off with only 600MB available. During the flight around 400MB (!!) were released and started the descent with around the extremely comfortable 1000MB available VAS, which is basically a VAS permitting you to land on any scenery. What makes me even more euphoric is the FSLA320X itself.. Simply the best thing i've ever had on my desktop.. That's a different matter though..

Best Regards, 

See you in the skies, 

Vic

Geez, FSLA320x in P3Dv3.3.5 is amazing, and can't wait for SP1!!

Landed at UTC 20:00pm in EGLL from EKCH, unloaded PAX with GSX, went to externals - still 419Mb VAS left with my settings!!!

I'm in MSFS/P3D Nirvana for the first time in 16 years.

Dirk. 

PS: Btw how to light up FCU? 

PSS: Forgot to mention ORBX Global, Vector, FT Europe LC, Gloabal Mesh are all in the concoction above.

Thanks.

LOD minimum 6.5.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

LOD minimum 6.5.

For airliners?!

Not sure what you're about.

Is this the latest update released this weekend? 

I have VAS problems with ORBX Vector OpenLC and NGX. Should I install?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3.4 is known to have a VAS memory leak. If you sufffer OOMs and playing with settings does not help you should try 3.3.5 which is better in this regard.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Where is this 3.5.5? 

All i see is Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3 – SLI Update

Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3 – SLI Update

3.3.5 is no longer available. If you didnt make a backup you wont be able to revert back. It is policy of LM to keep the current version and dump the old ones. Unfortunately.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

3.3.5 is no longer available. If you didnt make a backup you wont be able to revert back. It is policy of LM to keep the current version and dump the old ones. Unfortunately.

Legacy Client downloads all the way down to 3.0.10 are available for download at LM...

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Legacy Client downloads all the way down to 3.0.10 are available for download at LM...

+1

yes you can go back 5 versions and 2 hotfix just click on the line in your LM account,in the download section "Legacy Client Downloads (click to expand)" and all will be revealed

Peter