Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

No Cockpit Lights

Don't know what I did wrong this time ...

I've cleaned up my FSX a bit and uninstalled all the dead wood and now only the DOME light works in the Queen. All the other light knobs and switches to full and no lights display in the cockpit. I've cleaned my SHADERS folder and let FSX write new ones - could that be the reason?? I've done a repair of the Queen with no change. I've tried default scenery since the Queen freaks out at some third party scenery what landing and taxi lights concern but that doesn't bring back the cockpit lights either.

Shall I uninstall (again) - I just don't want to go through the activation hassles again that I've experienced with the first install?

Ai, ai - if you only want to do a Sunday evening, relaxed, quiet house, flight and then it's a whole rigmarole to sort out a fresh set of issues.

Terblanche Jordaan

Shall I uninstall (again) - I just don't want to go through the activation hassles again that I've experienced with the first install?

You don't have to activate the product when you uninstall and install. Thank goodness, beta testing would take weeks longer.

You don't solve problems by uninstalling and installing a product. It is more likely that you create new problem, which is sorta how you got to the point in the first place.  Just what did you do to "clean up FSX?"

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I've uninstalled some aircraft I never fly anymore (all the CaptSim stuff; a few Carenado, and the BlackBox A340xx) ... and then I edited SceneryConfigEditor to put all newly installed airports in their respective 'groups' in order to easier activate and deactivate some airports.

I've restarted my machine afterwards, loaded a flight from LOWW to EDDM and then notice I don't have taxi and/or landing lights, AGAIN. Deactivate the scenery to see if it does the same at a default scenery and still I couldn't see any taxi and/or landing lights on the ground. As it was getting darker I've noticed that I also lost my cockpit lights and there goes a night's flying because the whole evening I was trying to solve this ............

Terblanche Jordaan

I really don't know what's going on with the QOTSII on my rig ... my cockpit lights do not light the knob background and the whole cockpit looks like tea made of drain water. It does not look like the videos on YouTube of other people at all. Strangely the B777 and B738 and FSLabs A320 are all perfect but something somewhere is not right with the Queen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and did everything to the book but no luck  :mad:

I'm about to give up because I don't want to spend hours and hours trying to figure out something if there is obviously something wrong that I've missed. And I don't know how to paste a picture in this forum in order to demonstrate what I mean ......... 

#gatvol

Terblanche Jordaan

cockpit looks like tea made of drain water

What do you mean by that......? Colours? (Brown s...ty)? I installed yesterday from the box all was good....Flew at day time though, but i could see the lights change when I turn switch.....When you un-installed few things did you by any chance remov some "important" files? Not sure anymore what is important with shaky FSX filing cabinet and what's not. Check that.

Only issue I have is, 747 V3 is the only Plane where I get Hit with frame rate....... All other PDG works perfect and believe it or not even FSL...I am wondering why I have it low on this baby....

Visuals differing from all other visuals means we can essentially isolate it to your computer. From there we can isolate it down to:

• Drivers
  • Driver settings (a bad custom profile in Inspector, perhaps)
  • FSX Config settings
  • Sim settings (related to the above, somewhat - you're not using DX10 are you?)
  • ENB or shader mods
  • Texture mods (less likely)

Either way, if it's not looking the same as what you're seeing elsewhere, it's unique to your computer, so think of how your setup may differ from someone else's.

Pertaining to the last line of your latest post, google ("avsim tutorial add photos to posts" - no quotes - should be the first result). Not trying to be cheeky - I'd post the link myself, but this browser is busted and won't let me paste into responses...yay technology. The only part that the tutorial leaves out is that you need to upload the pic to a photo sharing site in order to get a URL to link to.

Kyle Rodgers

I've opened a 'TICKET' to the problem with a 'ghost' plane following me on the ground that is visible in EFB and as far as I understand PMDG created "an AI object that controls all of the 747's lighting effects in the external view" - well, on my rig that AI object sometimes gets stuck and to your amusement you can taxi away from it and then you can see your taxi and landing lights go on if you flip the switches while in outside view as if a ghost plane is parked 100m behind you - or even land without landing lights just to see your landing lights behind you somewhere in the middle of the runway. But that's beside the point - I'm busy with the 'TICKET' and let's see how that pans out.

Let me try in the absence of a picture to explain to the best of my ability what I see:

If you turn the light knob it should light up the background behind a gauge/knob for example: If you turn the one of the panel lights up, you should see the background on the A/P or the overhead light up (I think it's the inside knob) and the outside knob will do the 'general lighting' - with me nothing happens when I turn the inside knob ... the outside knob do light up that area but it looks unnatural and not like the screenshots of a panel in the night by PMDG. Don't know if this makes sense especially if English is your 5th language.

Kyle, if it is drivers or anything else, shouldn't it then have an influence on all other aircraft as well? I mean, why will all the other aircraft work perfectly with lights and performance? My FSX.cfg file and Inspector Profile are in use for the last couple of years and the combo provides a really smooth and effortless experience in FSX in DX9 ....... with no other shader mods.

Okay, and I can't do a link to my DROPBOX - the whole insert URL method is crazy because where do I upload the photos to in order to download again to AVSIM? 

Terblanche Jordaan

Kyle, if you have access to your 'ticket' desk, you will see the pictures under the topic: B744 Ghost and the correspondence between me and Ryan Maziarz ... it seems I can't do a URL from Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, DropBox and I'm not going to sign up somewhere and provide email address and then tomorrow I've won the UK lottery again and by the afternoon a man from Nigeria left me his whole inheritance if I only let them know my bank account.

Alternatively PM me your email address and I will mail some pics to you.

Terblanche Jordaan

Finally! After "can't this", "not that format", "not this site", "not allowed", "not the ..." ........ hallelujah ♪♫

If you compare, the green and white lights as on the PMDG screenshot below do not illuminate even with knobs/buttons full open/to the right. The colour tone is also different. Or maybe my eye are squinting after so many hours trying to get the Queen's crown on her head. 

JG8SAT.png

And this is what I mean with "ghost plane" - you will see a picture with no light in the green circle; then the landing lights on; and in EFB you will see the magenta AI object behind the red plane ... quite peculiar  :wink:

0rZR1L.png

Terblanche Jordaan

After hours and hours - I got the culprit .........

It is EZDok V2.0.2.25

One by one I've uninstalled all the plugins and when I uninstall EZDok the lights work as it should. Then installed EZDok V2 original and it worked ... updated to V2.0.2.25 and lights are gone! Thank goodness I have V2.0.2.24 and that works as well. The question is, why will v2.0.2.25 not work with the PMDG QOTSII while it works with every other aircraft ...??

​The mind baffles - !!

Terblanche Jordaan