Sign in to follow this  
planiac

VAS problem

Right, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my VAS issue has been fixed as a result of turning ShaderCache off.

I did my second successful (no OOM) flight tonight. Granted VAS levels were high - 3.2GB on ground at EGKK then ending with around 3.6GB at EGPK - but no windows alert tones and, best of all no OOM.

I will continue to monitor things, but I'm fairly happy that things are on the mend. 

Like Alex, I've also noticed a strange FPS increase to 50 in some cases externally with 30-35 interior. Perhaps another result of the ShaderCache fix? 

My two theories for why shes working now are as follows:

A) Maybe just maybe the sim encountered some adjustment time to the new aircraft? Is this even possible? If so perhaps after a few days of running in she now performs better. This is the most 'out there' theory, but maybe there is some science to back it up?

B) ShaderCache off - simple. I think this is most likely give I noticed improvements immediately after applying this option.

P.S Alex, did you try the ShaderCache off?

Dan

No...to be honest I forgot, but definitely I will....I made two flights over the weekend both over 7 HRS long and tested....First flight I ended up using 3.5 GB....for me that's a lot, still safe I know. Second flight I was in green even landing with extremely heavy, foggy, snowy WX on FT KBOS...no issues and all in green.....So who knows. FPS thru both flights were good and acceptable. 

I will turn shaddercache OFF and test again. Nothing to lose I guess....

It seems that the 747-400 is using WAY more VAS when viewed from the outside!

I tried to use her with the new Fly Tampa EHAM scenery and can´t get her to work with it! As soon as I go to the outside view, the sim crashes with an OOM!

It seems that the 747-400 is using WAY more VAS when viewed from the outside!

I tried to use her with the new Fly Tampa EHAM scenery and can´t get her to work with it! As soon as I go to the outside view, the sim crashes with an OOM!

And that's the part I don't understand either,,,,I have not seen that before...Every time I am out I am going into Yellow VAS....

For me, I found that the problem is the special effects, if set above medium. If its set to high, the QOFSiI is almost unplayable... When I set it to medium, and all others settinsg to high or even ultra, all works smooth like...

I tried the 777 on EHAM and there no problem!

It´s definately the 747 that is using more VAS than the 777! I can switch views and boot up with the 777 without any problem....the 747 is unplayable at EHAM.

For me, I found that the problem is the special effects, if set above medium. If its set to high, the QOFSiI is almost unplayable... When I set it to medium, and all others settinsg to high or even ultra, all works smooth like...

What Setting are you refering to?

• Upvote 1

•  

What Setting are you refering to?

In Settings ---> Display ----> Scenery, if Special effects is above medium, the sim is almost unplayable, specialy in external looks. With medium settings, all works well.

She's a VAS-eater! Make you work hard, make you spend time, make you rant and makes you want all her love.

Queen of the Skies and VAS is the limit!

I have both QotS II and Fslabs A320 on FSX. Flying from Flytampa Amsterdam to Uk2000 Heathrow is a huge issue. VAS starts well over 1100 mb. After 45 minutes after landing at Egll VAS remaining is no more than a fraction of what it once was. 300mb...

And that is on medium settings.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Ok I now tried to fly from EHAM in the 777 and all works fine! And that is with Settings almost to the max!

I can switch views, I can use GSX, everything and the fps on EHAM are well over 30 in the Cockpit!

The 747 however after a few seconds to minutes or when switching to the outside view, crashes the sim!

The Problem is definately the 747 and I hope that PMDG acknowledges the Problem!

I really love the plane and I own every PMDG addon, but in this state it´s just a game of luck if you can finish a flight with the 747, which makes her almost unusable.

My System:

Core i5 4590 @ 3.3Ghz

8 GB DDR3 Ram

Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4 gb

Win 10

FSX with Acceleration

Oliver,

Please be sure to properly check things over before tossing accusations around like this. It may well be our problem, but without any direct evidence, it's irresponsible of anyone to openly and so surely pin a problem on someone without going through the motions of making sure.

One of those steps would have been to post the crash log (Start > type "View All Problem Reports" and select the option that appears at the top of the list > Find [whatever sim you're using - this would've been important information as well] in the list and open the crash report that was created when you last noticed a crash. Post the content of that log here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

As I have written...I am using FSX with Acceleration.

I will post a crash log, the next time, no problem.

Those are not accusations, those are observations....as I said, I used your 777 on the same airport without any problems and then the 747 and the game crashed with OOM.

As I have written...I am using FSX with Acceleration.

I will post a crash log, the next time, no problem.

Those are not accusations, those are observations....as I said, I used your 777 on the same airport without any problems and then the 747 and the game crashed with OOM.

No, it's an accusation, since you categorically pinned the problems you're experiencing, at PMDG and proclaiming that it's - without a doubt (in your mind) - their fault for the crashes.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

If just one of the test subjects change and the crash occurs, then obiously the changed subject must be the cause....seems logical to me.

Ok I managed to get it to run for now it seems....

I deinstalled FTX Vector and now the OOMS have gone, I hope....

But to be frank....the 777 ran without problems with Vector, the 747 did not.