I went back to P3d V3 for a bit just to see what all the commotion was about with regard to the 378.xx drivers. And sure enough for me, the 378.xx drivers cause an awful memory leak. Even the most recent hotfix driver causes P3dV3 to leak VAS like a sieve. It was impossible for me to complete 1 hour flights with the RealAir Turbine Duke without experiencing an OOM. And that was with cranking back IQ settings.

nVidia has bigger problems to contend with than worrying about FSX and P3d. The recent driver sets have been buggy even for video game users. Just check Guru3d.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For me the Queen uses 400mb more vas than the 777 I get an oom at the gate after every flight if I switch views. - David Lee

I went back to P3d V3 for a bit just to see what all the commotion was about with regard to the 378.xx drivers. And sure enough for me, the 378.xx drivers cause an awful memory leak. Even the most recent hotfix driver causes P3dV3 to leak VAS like a sieve. It was impossible for me to complete 1 hour flights with the RealAir Turbine Duke without experiencing an OOM. And that was with cranking back IQ settings.

nVidia has bigger problems to contend with than worrying about FSX and P3d. The recent driver sets have been buggy even for video game users. Just check Guru3d.

Ahh, that is why!!, I noticed as well,

ftx global, tutorial 747 flight, nothing else. and started with 3,4 vas and went up onto 3,7 then I thought this is impossibru...

Is there a way to revert back to older drivers?

Well, I have to say that, after initial issues with VAS and after few tests I am perfectly fine with what I see. True, FT scenery and for the same matter from other Vendors as well, cause initial high VAS, however, as it should be, goes down after take off and cruise. Things we know already. I completed over the weekend one 13 HR and one 7 HR flight and VAS both flight was anywhere between 2.4-2.7 GB....  (well in the green). No add on scenery, just usual, GSX, ASN. ORBX, HD APT, REX.....

It appeared to me that each and every flight is getting better (not sure if it makes any sense) but I tested before all of this and results were funny. Within 1/2 HR I started Queen on FT CYYZ (heaviest of all heavy add ons by FT admission) and VAS usage was 2.8...I let it idle...looked around etc....1/2 later I restarted my PC same thing again and VAS 3.1...?! I mean that's roughly 300 MB for same thing. Unless, FSX has a mind on its own I have no valid answer for all of this. Needles to say that same thing was/is happening with FSL as well. Only stability I have among all add-ons are NGX and 777, so go figure..

Specs: 6700, MSI1070, 32GB (high pollutant memory name that I can't remember), few SSD drives (with capacity to fill all available data from one State) and tons of other money wasting "high supposed" quality hardware pieces that work like placebo  in our mind so we can discuss on Forums...... :smile:

I have removed the orbx ftx global vector and orbx global no OOM at all, I believe the most problems causing the OOM is orbx global, even the short flight from EGKK to EGLL (UK2000 Scenery) I was getting a OOM.

Mo Dez

7 minutes ago, egll said:

I have removed the orbx ftx global vector and orbx global no OOM at all, I believe the most problems causing the OOM is orbx global, even the short flight from EGKK to EGLL (UK2000 Scenery) I was getting a OOM.

Mo Dez

Probably Vector is the main cause, as it is known to consume a lot of VAS - especially when all its options are enabled. Global is just a replacement for the default textures, so it should not make any difference VAS-wise.

On 24 February 2017 at 2:40 PM, JRBarrett said:

Probably Vector is the main cause, as it is known to consume a lot of VAS - especially when all its options are enabled. Global is just a replacement for the default textures, so it should not make any difference VAS-wise.

You are correct. I instal the Orbx global no OOM, But as soon as I instal the FSUIPC I am getting OOM.

Mo Dez

Hmm Every time I take off from anywhere, I have about 1.4 - 1.5GB VAS left. I went from KMSP to KSFO and I'm sitting at .16 and dropping. ALL settings set to far left. All programs closed. I cant figure out what is going on. Just took off out of KSFO had 1.45. Just going through 6000 and already down to .98. 

Jon