Sign in to follow this  
Berike

What is the best EGLL for P3D v3

I'm looking to buy EGLL scenery, I have ORBX England, so what scenery do you guys use and why you recommend it?

Thanks in advance

I agonized over this question for over a year. I searched through all the numerous old threads, reading the arguments for one scenery or another. I read the occasional new thread, feeling bad for the OP, as people berated them for not looking up all the "thousands" of other threads, and that they should learn to google. With all those "thousands" of threads, I still hadn't found enough info for me to be sure.

Interestingly enough, it ended up being discussions about the recently released Manchester (that lead to discussions about EGLL), that finally helped me decide. After a year of research (off and on), I finally went with UK2000. Here's why.....

The Aerosoft EGLL (I like Aerosoft prodcts, btw. Very happy with numerous Aerosoft products) is probably prettier and shinier. But that's probably the only area it comes out ahead.

Overall performance, VAS, FPS, least amount of problems, etc.......the UK2000 EGLL just comes out on top in these areas. Although maybe not as pretty (barely), as a user of ORBX myself, I needed scenery that played nice and was usable.

It also has current support, with a dev that listens to customers, and addresses issues. The UK2000 version has been updated to reflect many current changes in the real EGLL, that the AS scenery has not.

My personal experience with the UK2000 EGLL has reflected what my year long of research finally lead me to conclude. I can drop my PMDG 777 there, with AI traffic, and the results are satisfactory. Performance, VAS, FPS, everything works.

And although it may not be as shiny or pretty as the AS version, the feel of the airport is great, and the scenery is more than enough to make me happy, along with being usable without problems.

EGLL was my first UK2000 scenery, and after having used it for a short time, Besides getting ORBX scenery for the UK, I will certainly be getting UK2000 scenery, if they have an airport I want.

I hope this helps.

Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg

I can agree with Captain Z. UK2000 seems to perform better for me however Aerosoft's Mega Airport Heathrow has better textures and is more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. It depends what you look for in your simulation. Bare in mind that London is often the most hard-hitting city on performance. As I said, there is no one better product overall, it just depends on your system and what you are looking for in a scenery. 

Freddie

I use the aerosoft version and it works quite well for me. I seem to recall when I was researching which version to buy many said this was a (rare) occasion where uk2000 didn't have the best performance.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I own both the UK2000 and the Aerosoft version, I currently use the UK2000 version as it performs better and I am less likely to get an OOM on approach with the UK2000 version, the Aerosoft version does look slightly better though.

I own both the UK2000 and the Aerosoft version, I currently use the UK2000 version as it performs better and I am less likely to get an OOM on approach with the UK2000 version, the Aerosoft version does look slightly better though.

It's funny. I own both and I get much better performance with the AS version. My UK 2000 version I get about 15FPS. 23-25 with AS. I'm wondering if it's a bad install.

NAX669.png

Personally I think the Aerosoft version looks miles better than the UK2000 version. But it does give me performance issues (my PC isn't great though). The UK2000 version performs much better for me. If you have a good enough PC I'd try the Aerosoft version.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

find  the  uk2000 is  better  just like  the rest of  his  airports,  and  has  better  support  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

don't have the other one but aerosoft one performs not much different than the stock airport, traffic brings it down to slideshow though with complex aircraft but so it does on the stock one.

I have both and currently I'm using the UK2000 version of EGLL mainly because I really like the UK2000 products in general but also like other people already mentioned because the support and interest you get from the developer is really top notch!

Richard Åsberg

It's funny. I own both and I get much better performance with the AS version. My UK 2000 version I get about 15FPS. 23-25 with AS. I'm wondering if it's a bad install.

No, I get the same sort of different performance on my main Flight Sim PC with FSX-SE and lots of traffic. On my other slower (development) PC UK2000 is slightly faster, but there's not much in it. I don't know why it's the other way around on the main PC.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Whilst the Aerosoft version is more extensive (with surrounding Xtended scenery), it is worth noting that the lighting in the P3D version is inferior to the UK2000 Xtreme product. To be honest, I have a difficult time understanding why some developers seem to be unable to create custom runway lighting in P3D. In fact, the P3D version of Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended did not have any runway lighting at all until I activated the default lighting in Airport Design Editor.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Mik75

For an airport of that size, with this quality, surrounded by a city like London, which has very dense scenery (Open LC, Vector), I am more than happy with 22-26 fps in the VC of the PMDG 747 or 737 I get, when I taxi around on Aerosoft's EGLL.

The airport looks very good, and free VAS is at around 1200 meg.

That being said, I also love the UK2000 sceneries like EGLC and EGCC in P3D!

Whilst the Aerosoft version is more extensive (with surrounding Xtended scenery), it is worth noting that the lighting in the P3D version is inferior to the UK2000 Xtreme product. To be honest, I have a difficult time understanding why some developers seem to be unable to create custom runway lighting in P3D. In fact, the P3D version of Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended did not have any runway lighting at all until I activated the default lighting in Airport Design Editor.

As far as I know, Aerosoft EGLL is only supported as far as P3D v2. A lot of older Aerosoft airports have issues with lighting on v3.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough