Sign in to follow this  
Berike

What is the best EGLL for P3D v3

Aerosoft Dublin is even worse, since the entire taxiway centreline and edge lighting network is also default only. I have removed these, as default taxiway lighting is crap.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Aerosoft Dublin is even worse, since the entire taxiway centreline and edge lighting network is also default only. I have removed these, as default taxiway lighting is crap.

Yep, AS Dublin doesn't play nicely with v3 at all, although again, it was never actually developed for v3. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

UK2000...for one very good scenery (like all of their production). No issues with it. And it is one man show essentially (from what I understand majority of the scenery is created by Gary Summon). They have been active in the FS community for some time (I still remember them from FS2000 days).

I try hard to use anything but Aerosoft but often there is no choice.  Give me UK2000 over Aerosoft EGLL anyday...,, not as much eyecandy but I don't have the VAS budget for 2 GB of scenery for one airport. That's very sloppy development.

Dan Downs KCRP

If that is referring to the file size of the egll terrain scenery then it is a bit misleading in relation to vas usage which was clarified by the dev on the AS forums.

If all custom runway lights looked like flytampa ones it would be great, but stock ones look and work better than most others. The main use of custom lights was probably to workaround inability of msfs to display stock lights over custom ground polygons, which was changed in a later version of p3d.

On my system the Aerosoft one has more fps (around 25 with AI set to 50 percent and using the NGX with ASCA and AS16 activated. 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I am baffled by reports of higher framerates when using the Aerosoft version. That is not the case on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am baffled by reports of higher framerates when using the Aerosoft version. That is not the case on my PC.

Christopher,

I don't understand it either, but when sitting at the end of 27R in the PMDG 747, I get around 15 FPS with UK2000 and 28 FPS with Aerosoft.

NAX669.png

Can you let me know your PC system specification, Mike? I am wondering if it has anything to do with GPU power? I run P3D @ 1920x1080 resolution with a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 770.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am running a 6600K @ 4.6 with a GTX970 GPU. Medium settings. I just tried an experiment. Sitting at the end of 27R in the PMDG 777 I get 40+ FPS with no AI traffic with the Aerosoft scenery. Same scenario with UK2000 and it's pretty comparable. At 20% AI in the sim and the stock FSUIPC traffic settings, the AS EGLL is around the mid 30's FPS. UK2000 drops to mid teens. I found that any addition of AI traffic in UK 2000 severely reduces performance at EGLL. I have a number of other UK2000 airports and haven't noticed this behavior. I'm running MT6. 

NAX669.png

I have added my own flightplans and AI models/textures for those airlines that fly to and from the UK and Ireland, and 100% of them are operational at all times. That cam mean up to 140+ AI planes at Heathrow (all on detailed models with good quality textures).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Seems like a long-shot but could it be something with the MT6 AI models in particular causing bad FPS at UK2000 EGLL?

Richard Åsberg

Looks the majority uses the UK2000 because of VAS issue, I agree because I use mostly PMDG aircrafts and they are complex and have some impact, which is fine. Will download the UK2000 demo (I think every developer should do a Demo version) and see how it performs with my settings.

:)

Test VAS and FPS done on old PC with FSX, no traffic. Looks wise imo AS is a clear winner. VAS and FPS = up to you?,

(I use AS version. After I flown in from taxi to gate LFPG the other night with the FSL A320 I tied to OMM did two big 180 turn so P3D loaded in EGLL two times and London city center again two time. I got a DING on turning back to AS EGLL and only one more on final, landed taxied in used out side views no more dings, so just two and LOD was max.)

GATE 505 facing south

AS EGLL VAS left 2400

FPS 38

Looking East to take in all of EGLL and london FPS 20

ASegll.jpg

GATE 505 facing south

UK2000 EGLL VAS left 2200

FPS 42

Looking East to take in all of EGLL and london FPS 23

ukegll.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just ran my own tests. using fsuipc as the vas monitor.

UK2000 EGLL VAS remaining 1014728 FPS avg 20
Aerosoft EGLL VAS remaining 853352 FPS avg 20
Default with Rex Worldwide Aiprorts HD VAS Remaining 999376 FPS avg 18

All using latest P3Dv3 Fair weather, no weather program active and same time in settings, Traffic set at 15%
Aircraft was the PMDG 747 in long startup state.

All results taken from 09L facing down runway.

Also one thing to note with AS Heathrow is often when I'm facing away from the airport and turn back the textures and traffic have gone black and have to wait for a few seconds for them to return to normal, this is the only apart from DD's EPWA that it happens with.