Sign in to follow this  
08Nova

Winglet option ?

Hello, is there any option to disable the winglet on the 747-400F ?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sofiane Al Qasimi.

I'm not sure why you'd want that since as far as I'm aware, this isn't possible on the real 747-400F. The only 747-400 I know of that has no winglets is the 747-400D.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

in DDG and MMEL one less winglet is doable with a cost on MTOW reduction and roughly 2.5% on fuel burn ... never heard of a regular flight with no winglet doable only on the 400D.

Well and the LCF...

All right, fair enough. I had completely forgotten about that, although to be fair, that isn't one of our options for the PMDG 747-400, either, so can't really fault me for not thinking of that one.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

It's easy to overlook that one. But it's not even a freighter. It's a completely warped pax bird. The amount of rivets on it to hold its shape will make you shudder.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Well and the LCF...

LCF is a LCF with a different frame and specific limitations and operational limits ... the -400 is a big family with the LCF in  but the 400D can be retrofitted to a regular -400 doubt a lot for the LCF ...

LCF is a LCF with a different frame and specific limitations and operational limits ... the -400 is a big family with the LCF in but the 400D can be retrofitted to a regular -400 doubt a lot for the LCF ...

I'm quite aware of the LCF and it's configuration. I was making a wise crack about the LCF being overlooked. It's easy todo. There's only 4 of them.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

what is the differential training on the LCF versus regular -400 and -400F?

None. They all fly the same. LCF is a bit more fun in a crosswind..but then again so is the -8.  Review the differences in the QRH and the FCOM and go fly. 

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just taxi it a bit too close in between a couple of hangars and you'll rip them off the wings - sorted. :-)

Apparently that's an option on the A380:

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/A380-FB3.jpg

:dance:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

In the past, we simulated the winglet option so that people could somewhat simulate the 400D ("somewhat" because there are a few more differences on the D model than the winglets being absent). This is no longer necessary because the D model is present as its own model.

Kyle Rodgers