Just came across this program and like it.  Flight planning is very easy with lots of options.  Wondering if you're planning to add csv importing in the future?  Those files are available for Orbx regions and Misty Mooring and it would be nice to be able to use them here.  Thank you for making Little Navmap.

This looks VERY interesting I am reading the manuals now and will try out today. I LOVE the option to display 'boring airports'. Will save me a lot of wasted landings!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

What do these CSV files contain? Waypoints or airports? Can you send me an example or a link?

I plan to support user defined waypoints in the future.

Alex

oops my apologies I went to the site that has the files and it looks like they might be Plan-g files and the format might be copyright.   I don't know for sure though.  The files have data for points of interest that show up on the map and can then be used for flight plan destinations. Here's a link to the site.  You need to scroll down to Dieter's Corner for the files.  http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#dieter

I tried the google earth files put out by Orbx for their programs in Little NavMap.  The Objects show up fine but the font is very tiny. 

Thanks for the link. There is no copyright for CSV file formats. CSV is CSV. :smile:

I consider a CSV import and user waypoint management in the future but most likely not in the next version.

I use the Marble widget to import and display the KML files which is not the best, I know. That probably won't fix.

Alex

Ok, I'll look forward to the improvements when you're able to do them.  I like using your program as it is more user friendly for my needs.  I still haven't looked into the whole manual, been sick the last few days, for other things like a moving map that shows up in the sim and the minimum altitude for the flight. 

Alex

I've been testing your app out all day, thanks for your quick reply earlier.

Half of me loves flying jets and getting places fast, the other half likes low and slow exploring. Without the decent REALITYXP gns available for fsx steam edition yet my vfr had been hit and miss when I can't find obscure but cool small airports in my Orbx scenery. The 2 apps nav and connect have worked flawlessly today in letting me enjoy my New Zealand scenery. I don't stare at the moving map as I like to explore myself but I have been stunned by the info now at my fingertips when I need it. So I have to conclude I am blown away by this software, both in its functionality and rock solid performance, seemingly without bugs at all! It will now be an essential part of my sim setup along with fsuipc. Anyone reading this should try this app out. Freeware surpassing payday quality in so many ways.

Thanks Sir for making this available for us all

Regards

Russ

Payware not payday thanks autospell! Although ironic here as payday not necessary.. Its freeware!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK