Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Why is the VC view zoomed way back in the Occulus Rift video's I have seen?

Every time I watch a VR video they are zoomed way out in the VC, is that for a wider field of view?

I hope one can be at 100% if they desire to be, I want it to be like I am right there in the pilots seat, not sitting way back in the cargo so I can see all the way to the right or left.

If I want to see to the side I will turn my head.

Even in 2 D I hate to zoom back very far in the VC because when you turn your head or view point it is totally unrealistic and kills any immersion for me.

Also, why the need for the binocular zoom for the instruments?

Does that mean your are sitting back too far to read the instruments?

If you are, and if you have to zoom in in a binocular view every time to read the instruments it might not be for me.

Thank you, and please put me at ease.

I am disheartened that TriDef does not work with the flight sims, it had so much promise, and you could set it at any zoom and see perfectly clear.

I want OR so badly, already upgraded my GPU for it, but will hate having a zoomed out VC if it has to be that way.

Once again, I hope the videos are that way because the maker of them likes to have a very wide view.

Aaron Tirrell

Just found this, please tell me you can sit like this in all AC and see the instruments.

Aaron Tirrell

You can adjust your head position. It take some time to get used to it, but I can read most of the gauges. In X-Plane, it is a bit easier to read smaller gauges thanks to the easy zooming with the mouse-wheel. In P3D, you eventually need to move your head a bit closer to some instruments. Feels natural to me.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Wow, I must be going through a time warp. I could have sworn I already had a reply in this thread.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's most likely to avoid motion sickness. The narrower the FOV the worse it will be.

I can't really comment on the zoomed back of the view except to say adjusting the sensor forward helps a bit.

Regarding the bad graphics...no they're not as good as a decent monitor res but the imersion factor leaves anything standing and in my opinion more than makes up for graphic quality,which i don't think is too bad anyway

Pete Little

Woot, a little over halfway there on saving up for the OR.

I might be able to get one as soon as the 1st of FEB.

I cannot wait, and care less about the res, it will get there, just hope you don't have to buy a whole new set up every time.

I had my wife watch a Monster House youtube video on the iPhone in the cheap VR headset and it was funny.

VR is the future of gaming, maybe not all gaming, but it will have a huge part in some gaming.

Motion sickness should not bother me.

I don't get it, except on one carnival ride that was spinning you in 360 vertical circles while going the opposite direction in big tall loops, and nothing else.

Aaron Tirrell