Sign in to follow this  
PANAM741

Missing sounds on new 747 v3

Dear PMDG team,

The work that you have done with the 747 QOTSII is truly amazing and I've been enjoying this master piece since release day without issues, but there are some little details that are missing (e.g. Shutdown alarm) and some of them are like 777 alarms. So, I hope to see those sounds included on a future update (if you're planning it) to continue enjoying this awesome bird.

Thank you very much!

THIS LINK WILL HELP YOU TO KNOW WHAT SOUNDS I'M TALKING ABOUT:

Hi Samuel,

What do you mean by shutdown alarm?

The other sounds you mention in the video should be already in the sim.

Can you hear the sounds of the switches and buttons ?

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Dear PMDG team,

The work that you have done with the 747 QOTSII is truly amazing and I've been enjoying this master piece since release day without issues, but there are some little details that are missing (e.g. Shutdown alarm) and some of them are like 777 alarms. So, I hope to see those sounds included on a future update (if you're planning it) to continue enjoying this awesome bird.

Thank you very much!

THIS LINK WILL HELP YOU TO KNOW WHAT SOUNDS I'M TALKING ABOUT: https://youtu.be/B2vqmVVZHYE

In regards to the shutdown alarm - I know what you mean, the quadtone WAH WAH WAH WAH! Alarm right? If you hunt around in the settings - you can change it invetween the one you're used to on the 777 and to the classic 744 style. It should be in pmdg setup -> options. But just hunt spring for it. It says VERSION 1 -> VERSION 2!

Hope that helps!

Hi Zach,

That sound is probably triggered by a system going offline rather than the shutdown itself.  Do you have an example of this during a 747 shutdown on youtube?

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Samuel,

What do you mean by shutdown alarm?

The other sounds you mention in the video should be already in the sim.

Can you hear the sounds of the switches and buttons ?

I mean that there is a quadtone WAH WAH WAH WAH! Alarm when you put APU generators ON and then you shutdown the engines. If you listen carefully in the video I've posted, between 0:13 and 0:18 there are the sounds that are missing. 

In this new video, that alarm is present. Please Armen, watch from minute 13:39 and you will hear the alarm:

Looking at the EICAS message that came up, looks like it reads "ELEC GEN OFF 1". Actually, from the previous video, sounds like both sounds are for the master caution warning, just two different variants of the same thing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Samuel, is it so hard to find the correct place for this post? Why you and so many make these in General Forum? This (like many other questions) could be interesting for many, but later it's hard to find these conversations.

Samuel,

All of these sounds are in the simulation. In fact, you have an option to swap between different types of alarm. If you're not hearing some of the sounds, check your sound settings to see if you have a default sound device selected (and be sure that it's the one you're listening to).

Kyle Rodgers

Samuel,

All of these sounds are in the simulation. In fact, you have an option to swap between different types of alarm. If you're not hearing some of the sounds, check your sound settings to see if you have a default sound device selected (and be sure that it's the one you're listening to).

Kyle,

Where can I find these alarm options in the PMDG setup and how can I change it? 

Thank you!

Samuel, is it so hard to find the correct place for this post? Why you and so many make these in General Forum? This (like many other questions) could be interesting for many, but later it's hard to find these conversations.

Namejs, for the next time I'm gonna apply your advice into right 747 QOTSII forum (and also other aircraft forums). Thanks mate!

Where can I find these alarm options in the PMDG setup and how can I change it? 

MENU > PMDG SETUP > EQUIPMENT

Please read the Intro Manual.

Kyle Rodgers

Namejs, for the next time I'm gonna apply your advice into right 747 QOTSII forum (and also other aircraft forums). Thanks mate!

Thank you! It's just for our own good. 

MENU > PMDG SETUP > EQUIPMENT

Please read the Intro Manual.

Thank you very much, Kyle! Awesome support from you.