Sign in to follow this  
dani3282

MCP I Not working with MJC8Q400

Hi everyone!!

I setup with LINDA  my MCP I combo for the Dash8 but not working

I have tried many ways...but doesnt work...

any suggestion?any help?

THANK YOU!!

Hi Dani

Welcome to the LINDA community and thank you for moving your post here.

The problem is that we (the developers) do not possess the original MCP1 panel and are unable to build and test configuration for it. You will need to do this yourself and it is simple to do.

If you open the folder \modules\linda-cfg\MJC_D8_Q400 you will see the file config-mcp2.lua or .default. Open this in a text editor (ie. Notepad) and you will see the assignments used to make the Q400 work.

Now open LINDA and go to the Setup MCP Comb page. Make sure the VRInsight MCP Combo settings is enabled and MCP1 (original) selected. The COM Port must be set to the correct one for the MCP1 panel.

Then open the MCP Combo page. You then need to assign the same functions to the appropriate button and knob as list in the config-mcp2 file. You will need to click on each of the panel images at the bottom of the page and assign the button/knobs for the EFIS, MCP and USER sub-panels. You do not need to assign any to the RADIO buttons (these are hard coded).

When you have finished this, click on SAVE and you should be ready to fly. If you experience any problems, I recommend to close and reopen LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank a lot..i will check that.

But..another question.

i can not edit the controls by my self to do diferent?

have to be the same as filed in the config-mcp??

The config-mcp.lua contains the assignments required to operate the original MCP1 panel (the config-mcp2.lua and config-mcp2a.lua do the same for the Boeing and Airbus versions). You may assign any function that you wish to any button to meet your requirements.

Users can also write their own functions (best placed in user,lua) if they have sufficient programming knowledge. The supplied code is open for users to learn from and modify but may not be distributed or sold other than through this forum.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The config-mcp.lua contains the assignments required to operate the original MCP1 panel (the config-mcp2.lua and config-mcp2a.lua do the same for the Boeing and Airbus versions). You may assign any function that you wish to any button to meet your requirements.

Users can also write their own functions (best placed in user,lua) if they have sufficient programming knowledge. The supplied code is open for users to learn from and modify but may not be distributed or sold other than through this forum.

Hello again Mr Donor.

I explain the procedure I followed, and steps I have taken.

I have chosen to delete everything related to LINDA and I have to install everything from scratch.
In this way the configuration that you indicated to me of MCP user, is the one that installs by default with the module that they provide in this forum.

Once done this step I have reconfigure LINDA.joysticks (of this I have not configured anything because I have preserved my own P3D configuration)

I have configured MCP Combo as the instructions dictate and everything is green and ok, including the FSUIPC version.

Start my P3D .. my plane MJC8Q400..LINDA ....
And I also pressed the action of "RELOAD LUA ENGINE" to make conexion with my MCP COMBO.
 On my screen mcp shows some letters that says "rdy" but afterwards no command works..not HDG selector radios or anything.

I apologize for being so annoying but I have been stuck for many hours on my PC and trying to find a solution that I can not find.

My question would be if it were possible to show you in a more direct way as I am taking the steps to see where I am failing. Since you told me that through this forum you can not share information about configurations.

Believe me that I would be very grateful for your help, since no one has been able to guide me or help me except you.

Please accept my sincere apologies for being so insistent.

Best regards!!

Start my P3D .. my plane MJC8Q400..LINDA ....
And I also pressed the action of "RELOAD LUA ENGINE" to make conexion with my MCP COMBO.
 On my screen mcp shows some letters that says "rdy" but afterwards no command works..not HDG selector radios or anything.

I am sorry that you still appear to be very confused despite my detailed descriptions of the actions you need to do. LINDA will not work unless the correct functions are assigned to the buttons on the MCP1. Although LINDA will have reported that everything is OK. This simply means that all the files are where they should be. Because the MCP1 panel has no defined assignments for the Q400, you needed to make these assignments yourself.

To save you any further confusion and effort I have generated the required Q400 config-mcp.lua for you. This is based on the MCP2 panel configuration. All you need to do is download the file and copy it to your /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 folder. Then close and restart LINDA. This should work but I offer no guarantee because I do not own the old MCP1 panel and am unable to test it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9205114/AVSIM%20LINKS/config-mcp.lua

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK