Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

P3D - crashing after 4-5 hours with PMDG

My mate had this, I had it with the 777.

Have you used migration tool and have vistamar.dll (aerosoft) enabled??

If so disable it, it can cause problems.

Hey,

nope. Nothing what is not official compatible with P3D is installed or added.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

No Vistamare and no Migration Tool here. It is indeed remarkable that the crash always happens at 5 hours.

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I'd take a wild guess here and say that the process' memory area that Windows reserves for keeping track of objects such as strings, menus, etc. (which is called the interactive desktop heap) has run out of room. This seems to be a problem with legacy 32 bit applications. You can Google this issue. There is a way to increase the size, but for Win 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft recommends against such a registry edit.

People are aware of a the 4 GB VAS limit for legacy 32 bit applications, but they don't realize that there are other ways of running out of address space. The only real solution is to have a 64 bit app.

I'd take a wild guess here and say that the process' memory area that Windows reserves for keeping track of objects such as strings, menus, etc. (which is called the interactive desktop heap) has run out of room. This seems to be a problem with legacy 32 bit applications. You can Google this issue. There is a way to increase the size, but for Win 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft recommends against such a registry edit.

People are aware of a the 4 GB VAS limit for legacy 32 bit applications, but they don't realize that there are other ways of running out of address space. The only real solution is to have a 64 bit app.

Interesting, I will give it a try (found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/126962/-out-of-memory-error-message-appears-when-you-have-a-large-number-of-programs-running) 

I did more researche and had a talk with a Microsoft Guy and he told me, that if the error comes from Out of Memory, it will be defnitily written in the logs (what isn't happening if you see the error message)

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

About 3-4 months ago I had a similar problem. After, many many, different things, I reinstalled W10. I know it is a lot of work. But everything  reinstalled and getting very good performance now....Last resort, I guess.

Years ago, I could only get 6 months or so out of WindowsXP, Vista, was a little better, W7, was even better.

Jerry Friz

Well, my computer is almost brand new. I've reinstalled W10 last month.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Well, my computer is almost brand new. I've reinstalled W10 last month.

I did it last weekend :D

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

My whole computer has shut down twice just before approach on an eham-omdb flight. Just blacked out. Not sure if this is the same problem?

Sounds like an out of memory error, or you're running something in the sim that isn't compatible with that version of the sim (usually an add-on, like orbx libs, the couatl addon manager, etc).

For the out of memory issues, please see the section in the intro manual discussing it.

Dunno if the team is aware, but there is a massive memory leak issue with the latest NVIDIA driver even the folks at FSlabs are having it. Rolling bavk to 376.33 (14 DEC 2016) solved it for me. Maybe its worth pinning a post about this

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My whole computer has shut down twice just before approach on an eham-omdb flight. Just blacked out. Not sure if this is the same problem?

If your computer craps out like that, i.e. completely shutting down, that's sometimes an indication of an issue with the power supply unit not being able to deliver enough power to the GPU, i.e. your graphics card working so hard that there isn't enough power going down the rail to the card to keep it going, so your PSU just goes 'screw this' and conks out. I'd check to see if your PSU is heavy duty enough to supply the necessary power to your GPU when it has to work very hard, as it will with fancy FS add-ons.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If your computer craps out like that, i.e. completely shutting down, that's sometimes an indication of an issue with the power supply unit not being able to deliver enough power to the GPU, i.e. your graphics card working so hard that there isn't enough power going down the rail to the card to keep it going, so your PSU just goes 'screw this' and conks out. I'd check to see if your PSU is heavy duty enough to supply the necessary power to your GPU when it has to work very hard, as it will with fancy FS add-ons.

That might be the case. I upgraded my videocard to a much better one. Didn't think of my power. Wouldn't it shut down asap, not after a couple of hours?

I get the "unexpected error" CTD on those long flight with PMDG, but  it's random.  I have many add-ons including ORBX.  Very frustrating, but I can't isolate it.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I get the "unexpected error" CTD on those long flight with PMDG, but  it's random.  I have many add-ons including ORBX.  Very frustrating, but I can't isolate it.

What does the error report look like?  If the faulting module  is MSVCR120.dll then that indicates you might be using the left PFD popup.  Don't do that.  If you need to popup the PFD use the right side.

Dan Downs KCRP

What does the error report look like?  If the faulting module  is MSVCR120.dll then that indicates you might be using the left PFD popup.  Don't do that.  If you need to popup the PFD use the right side.

I'll get a screenshot of the error next time.

Another obervations:  I had the CTD twice on long-haul when I tried to call up the ASN weather report of my destination near the top of descent.  When I see it again, I will pass details of the wrror report.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'll get a screenshot of the error next time.

Another obervations:  I had the CTD twice on long-haul when I tried to call up the ASN weather report of my destination near the top of descent.  When I see it again, I will pass details of the wrror report.

That would be of no use what so ever.  Use the windows event viewer to see the event report.

Dan Downs KCRP