Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

P3D - crashing after 4-5 hours with PMDG

So I´ve bought a new 1080 Ti and that forced me to upgrade to the latest drivers and leave the stable 376.33 behind. In the last days, I was able to test every major aircraft addon for P3D version 3.3.5 that I use.

I did multiple long haul flights with the 747 v3 with no problems, but the only longer flight I did with the 777 forced me to save and restart the sim 3 times. There was around 15-30mb VAS leak every 5 or 10 minutes. I´ve tried multiple configuration, including flying without traffic and not connected to IVAO/VATSIM, but nothing helped.

No idea what is causing that, but I did not experience this link on the 737, 747 and also on the FSL A320.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

It's the 378.xx drivers.  I tried every release with my GTX 1080 and all of them leak VAS. I doubt that nVidia  will fix this as most of their targeted apps are either 32 bit and never get near to using 4 GB  VAS or are native 64 bit.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I know. But I´m out of luck because with the 1080Ti I need to use the newer drivers. Not too bad, considering that, until now, it only happened with the 777.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

On 3/9/2017 at 8:47 AM, tgcbraun said:

What driver are you using (if you have a Geforce, that is)? As said above, after reverting back to 376.66 I never had this crash again.

When I looked this up, I only found 376.33. Is that going to be good enough?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

1 hour ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

When I looked this up, I only found 376.33. Is that going to be good enough?

That one works for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

That one works for me.

Perfect, just had the midflight OOM (over west Texas) so I am gonna give that a go.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Hi,

i tried that tipp with the GSX popup and indeed, I am now 10hours in the T7 without a crash o.O

What I did is, not to open a GSX or any other window.

Strange

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

2nd Testflight - same Leg KSAN-EDDF only change, I opened FSPassenger window.

Crash after 6 hours :-/

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

On 3/26/2017 at 9:46 AM, tgcbraun said:

for P3D version 3.3.5 that I use.

you should update to version 3.4 

4 hours ago, elmucki said:

you should update to version 3.4 

I did have 3.4 installed. I reverted back to 3.3.5 because VSA usage was significantly higher 3.4. I could not finish a flight with the FSL Airbus in VR using 3.4 without an OOM.

So I've been having similar issues for some months. I've tried multiple different clean installs of windows, P3D, even over some recent hardware changes, and I can't get more than a few hours into a long haul before the sim CTD's with no warning or error. I've tried dirrect CFG's and ones from other people, no luck (mind you, my computer is not a potato, it's a nice build). The longest I've made it is an EGLL-KJFK flight in the 747 that I CTD'd in the descent. However, I've always expanded 3 of the popup screens to fit my setup. I'm running a test now, flying EGLL-KIAD, and I'm hopeful that if I don't pop out any of the panels I will make it. I don't remember having these issues before v3.3, so this could be the issue! I never got any error in the Event Viewer, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get long flights to work (NOTE, I always had plenty of VAS). I'll advise once I see if this works for me.

Yep, this was the issue for me! Close to starting descent on a 15 hour flight from KATL-ZGGG, no issues if I don't pop out the panels. If it helps, here are my specs; i7-4790K @ 4.5, MSI GTX970 4GB, 16GB Corsair RAM, 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsaid H80i liquid cooler, ASRock Z97X Motherboard

On 3/11/2017 at 4:55 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Right now my main hope is that the problem goes away in the conversion to x64....

Robert -

Unfortunately this problem still exists in v4 (fully updated). I have now had this CTD on a few occasions. A random, after 5 to 7 hours or so CTD pointing to a ntdll.dll error every time. Yet some long hauls can go just fine. I only use PMDG aircraft, of course they are fully updated. I never used the pop up Captains side PFD nor do I use any 2D pop up's within the sim. This last one I got was over the Atlantic, about 5 or 6 hour into the flight in the 747, while not even near the sim. Have gotten them in the past in the 747 as well although very randomly. So frustrating. In doing a search on the Avsim forums and P3D forums it seems the PMDG plane is one of the common denominators in a large majority of these random ntdll.dll CTD's. This is regardless if one's computer is OC or not as people are getting them in both scenarios. On the same driver for my 1080Ti and again, some flights are just fine and others end like this. So odd and random. I am not smart enough to debug it beyond the basics. My drivers on my system are up to date via Driver Booster. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8283
Faulting process id: 0x1590
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30ec6c1941828
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2498b973-27c4-4c8f-973d-6af1691b6c4e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Eric 

The ntdll event is a beast to figure out.  I was getting it early this year for a couple of months and what very little correlations I could come up with was the FSDT couatl module was cause it but since then I've not had the problem. Google the exception code and you find it is a heap corruption.  Someone experienced with a debugger can analyzer the stack or maybe using Process Explorer to see if any of the internals is triggering the problem.   It is as unique to a system as each system has different programs running, different drivers, etc.

I'd start by removing all addons except PMDG and see if it runs for an 8 hour test segment.  I've don't that kind of troubleshooting and it takes time.  If you know a geek that can do a stack trace get him or her a six pack and invite them over.

Dan Downs KCRP

8 minutes ago, downscc said:

The ntdll event is a beast to figure out.  I was getting it early this year for a couple of months and what very little correlations I could come up with was the FSDT couatl module was cause it but since then I've not had the problem. Google the exception code and you find it is a heap corruption.  Someone experienced with a debugger can analyzer the stack or maybe using Process Explorer to see if any of the internals is triggering the problem.   It is as unique to a system as each system has different programs running, different drivers, etc.

I'd start by removing all addons except PMDG and see if it runs for an 8 hour test segment.  I've don't that kind of troubleshooting and it takes time.  If you know a geek that can do a stack trace get him or her a six pack and invite them over.

Like I've posted elsewhere, seems others are having this ntdll issue with PMDG aircraft only on long haul type flights. No clue how to solve it as I fly nothing but PMDG flights. They, for me, occur well away from any 3rd party scenery, etc... usually over open ocean or northern Canada as I am doing my typical Atlantic crossing flights. Sooo frustrating 

Eric