Sign in to follow this  
Bill Alderson

Blank Screen

Hi,

I bought and installed the GNS 750 yesterday in X-Plane 10 and I'm getting a blank screen after turning on the avionics.  What am I doing wrong.

I own the FSX and P3D versions of the GNS 750 so I am familiar with the operation of the device and how to work it.  But it doesn't seem to want to work in X-Plane 10.

Thanks in  advance....

Bill Alderson

Hi Bill,

This has been documented in another thread: the latest GTN update (as well as the GNS) offers a new feature which permits you configuring which X-Plane light source rheostat to connect for integral lighting. You can manually edit the INI file in your aircraft folder to change the default settings. Please review the INI file, it is self-documented and should be easy to follow.

Besides, we are working also on a new update which might solve a couple other issue and this could also be related. We have positive feedback so far on the release candidate so it shouldn't be long.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Bill,

This has been documented in another thread: the latest GTN update (as well as the GNS) offers a new feature which permits you configuring which X-Plane light source rheostat to connect for integral lighting. You can manually edit the INI file in your aircraft folder to change the default settings. Please review the INI file, it is self-documented and should be easy to follow.

Besides, we are working also on a new update which might solve a couple other issue and this could also be related. We have positive feedback so far on the release candidate so it shouldn't be long.

Thanks for your reply Jean-Luc.  Where is this .ini file?

Bill Alderson

Hi!

I have the very same problem here! Just bought thr GTN 750(Already own the GTN 750 and 650 for FSX and P3D). It seems the GTN 750 XP doesn't know the path to the trainer(mine is 6.1.1). I guess you talk of the RealityXP.GTN ini file located in the airplane folder you want to use but I don't understand how to edit this file in order to get my GTN working in XP!

Best regards

Pat Mussotte

PS: I apologize to "hijack" your thread Bill

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Hi!

I have the very same problem here! Just bought thr GTN 750(Already own the GTN 750 and 650 for FSX and P3D). It seems the GTN 750 XP doesn't know the path to the trainer(mine is 6.1.1). I guess you talk of the RealityXP.GTN ini file located in the airplane folder you want to use but I don't understand how to edit this file in order to get my GTN working in XP!

Best regards

Pat Mussotte

PS: I apologize to "hijack" your thread Bill

Hi Pat,

It turns out that my problem didn't involve the .ini file after all (we originally thought that I was having a problem with my rheostat settings, hence the reference to the ini file).  My Garmin Trainer files didn't load properly on initial installation; pretty much like you problem I would imagine.  What I did was download the Garmin Trainer file and load it manually.  This involved removing and updating my original Trainer files to v.6.21.

Everything is working now in X-Plane.  Just make sure you update the Trainer files to the latest version: 6.21.

Hope this helps. 

Bill Alderson

Everything is working now in X-Plane.  Just make sure you update the Trainer files to the latest version: 6.21.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Bill!

Thank you very much for the advice! I'm gonna try it!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Thank you so much Bill! I re-installed the trainer and it works fine now :wink:

Best regards 

Pat

Patrick Mussotte