Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Qualitywings 757, known big issues, bugs?

Hello,

I have been busy getting familiar with the PMDG aircrafts but still want to have a 757, one of my most favorite aircraft. I want to ask about FSX Qualitywings 757.

I know the system depth can not compare to PMDG, and the VC showing it's age. I can handle that. I just want to know if there are known big issues/bugs that can lead to CTD or unusable?

I am curious about the performance(FPS,VAS), saving panel state with all functions properly, can I fly SID/STARS? Does it work normally with FSX:SE?

Has anything been updated since Fs9 version of this?

Cheers.
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hi,

The current version of the QW 757 is 1.3 and installs into FSX-SE (and even into P3Dv3) and it works fine there; but the devs do not support it officially in these sims. If you experience issues you would rely on the forum community for help. If you visit their forum: http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/forums.html (registration required) you will find good sources for troubleshooting if required (or here in the AVSIM forums of course).

I am regularly using the QW 757 in P3Dv3 and am very happy with it. There is no showstoppers nor major bugs I came across so far. Yes, you can program and fly SID/STARs and it has Navigraph support. For the price it is offered it is still of great value, IMO.

I got only the FSX version of the QW 757, so I cannot comment on changes or upgrades. All I can say is that it runs stable, FPS and VAS friendly and that it provides me with a lot of fun flying it.

Cheers

Frank

• Upvote 3

I agree with Frank. I have been using this in FSX for many years without any major problems. It is not quite as deep from a systems viewpoint as the PMDG airliners, but it all functions well and the flight deck is well modelled and provides quite an immersive environment.

I think this was Quality Wings first airliner and I originally bought it many years ago for FS2004 to replace my Captain Sim 757, which had a few annoying bugs. When I eventually upgraded to FSX, I stayed with the QW 757 and have been very happy with it. As far as I know the main update to the FSX version was to the textures of the VC, although these were already pretty good. I can also confirm that it is resource friendly from a VAS and FPS viewpoint.

Bill

Reloading panel states also works fairly well; IIRC there may be only a few items that get lost and require a quick scan and a bit of reconfiguring.

The VNAV (and correspondingly the vertical deviation indicator) isn't really that good in the B757 yet (much better in their later Avroliners) - basic airmanship prevails!

Overall the QW 757 provides excellent value for money.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your help. Will get her later today.

Cheers!
Hoang Le.

Reloading panel states also works fairly well; IIRC there may be only a few items that get lost and require a quick scan and a bit of reconfiguring.

The VNAV (and correspondingly the vertical deviation indicator) isn't really that good in the B757 yet (much better in their later Avroliners) - basic airmanship prevails!

Overall the QW 757 provides excellent value for money.

Even now flying PMDGs aircraft (737/747/777) I still use V/S mode when descending, just to have more control of the aircraft, and at least something to do besides watching the automation doing its stuff.

Hi,

The current version of the QW 757 is 1.3 and installs into FSX-SE (and even into P3Dv3) and it works fine there; but the devs do not support it officially in these sims. If you experience issues you would rely on the forum community for help. If you visit their forum: http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/forums.html (registration required) you will find good sources for troubleshooting if required (or here in the AVSIM forums of course).

I am regularly using the QW 757 in P3Dv3 and am very happy with it. There is no showstoppers nor major bugs I came across so far. Yes, you can program and fly SID/STARs and it has Navigraph support. For the price it is offered it is still of great value, IMO.

I got only the FSX version of the QW 757, so I cannot comment on changes or upgrades. All I can say is that it runs stable, FPS and VAS friendly and that it provides me with a lot of fun flying it.

Cheers

Frank

I agree with Frank. I have been using this in FSX for many years without any major problems. It is not quite as deep from a systems viewpoint as the PMDG airliners, but it all functions well and the flight deck is well modelled and provides quite an immersive environment.

I think this was Quality Wings first airliner and I originally bought it many years ago for FS2004 to replace my Captain Sim 757, which had a few annoying bugs. When I eventually upgraded to FSX, I stayed with the QW 757 and have been very happy with it. As far as I know the main update to the FSX version was to the textures of the VC, although these were already pretty good. I can also confirm that it is resource friendly from a VAS and FPS viewpoint.

Bill

Wonderful!

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Day one purchase for me but strangely I never did go back to it. I have planned on firing it up again some time. The 757 is a fun aircraft and the cargo still flies in most places on Earth. 

It's fun but she's really showing her age in comparison to the newer sim planes.  Its really tough for me to get immersed looking at those cartoonish VC textures.  The FMC and VNAV are also quite nominal so not for the squeamish that are afraid to take over manually.  And that happens quite often especially on descent.

My 2 cents...

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Day one purchase for me but strangely I never did go back to it. I have planned on firing it up again some time. The 757 is a fun aircraft and the cargo still flies in most places on Earth. 

If there is a 757 stands between 787,a350,a380..., any new aircraft, I will still look at the 757 first and longest, still love how she looks and her performance.

It's fun but she's really showing her age in comparison to the newer sim planes.  Its really tough for me to get immersed looking at those cartoonish VC textures.  The FMC and VNAV are also quite nominal so not for the squeamish that are afraid to take over manually.  And that happens quite often especially on descent.

My 2 cents...

Hi,

I just purchased it yesterday, did some look around. Yes, the VC looks wayyyyy older and lower quality than what I am used to with PMDG aircrafts, the model however still looks great. Performance and VAS is incredibly good, I believed I can have more AIs and higher scenery settings when using it. Great.

And most important thing is I have what I love, better than nothing. If any developers out there going to/ is doing one, it is going to take them years to finish it.

I can use her to fly between large airports where I struggle with PMDG aircrafts when it comes to FPS and VAS.

Nice investment overall.

Cheers.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Nice to hear that you like it.

Have fun flying it and clear skies :smile:

Frank