Sign in to follow this  
Brit

FSUIPC Auto save

After getting the odd crash i decided to use the auto save feature and set it to 10min and keeping one file.

Problem is that it causes the sim(P3D) to freeze for 5 seconds then continue as normal, anyway to stop this and has anyone else got this problem?

Thanks.

anyway to stop this and has anyone else got this problem?

Simple. Don't use the FSUIPC autosave.  If you crash so often you need a 10 backup then you have bigger problems.  I back up all my flights from the simulators menu before takeoff, couple times during the flight depending my my whims and before TOD.  I same all my flights to the same file (I named it _ENR) so it's almost a mindless exercise. I fly everyday, and the only time I've had crashes in the past 3 months is when FSDT pushes a couatl update out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah. I don't keep 10 files just one but save every 10 min. Never had the problem in FSX:S. Guess I'll just turn it off and save manually. Thanks

Ok new problem. It seems that after roughly five hours into a flight P3D will start freezing mouse cursor goes into a circle then recovers then does it again. Only way to fix this is to restart P3D and continue my flight. Very strange. I noticed in the add on list that FSUIPC has gone so maybe FSUIPC is crashing after 5 hours?

If FSUIPC has vanished from the Add-ons list check your FSUIPC4.LOG file. My guess is that SimConnect has stopped sending data.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.