Sign in to follow this  
Michele Faraone

A/c flying close to high speed buffet limit in cruise

Good evening gents,

During the cruise at FL 310, CI 320, GW 342.0 Tons and fma in SPD mode, the calculated econ speed is .839, which is in fact beyond the actual high speed buffet band, the airplane is now flying a .829.

Does anybody know why?

kind regards

Michele Faraone 

What cost index did you use?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

the calculated econ speed is .839, which is in fact beyond the actual high speed buffet band

Based on what?  .84M at FL310 just seems reasonable to me but I'm not flying her at the moment.  What is the source of your fact?

Dan Downs KCRP

What cost index did you use?

i'm using 320

Based on what?  .84M at FL310 just seems reasonable to me but I'm not flying her at the moment.  What is the source of your fact?

That's what the PFD is showing, a picture would expain much better, but I do not know how to update one, could you please explain it to me?

That's what the PFD is showing, a picture would expain much better, but I do not know how to update one, could you please explain it to me?

Hit print screen to save an image, upload it to a photo hosting website like Photobucket or Imageshack, then post it here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I'd say try CI 100 and see how your speed will be.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I've used CI440 to reach for .86M and never noticed a problem with the high speed band.  This bird can fly 0.88M all day, well, under certain conditions.  The limitation in RSVM airspace is .90M.

I'm starting to wonder if the OP had very non standard atmospheric conditions happening.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hit print screen to save an image, upload it to a photo hosting website like Photobucket or Imageshack, then post it here.

Thank you, heres' the pic to explain, the airplane is the 747-400 with RR engines

PxNm54.jpg

Are the flaps retracted? Something is not set correctly. Can you tell us your perf init data.

Also show us your main EICAS screenshot

Brian Nellis

So, I came back to he flight since I saved it and closed the sim, and now everything looks just fine, quite strange, really don't know what happened, here's the picture of the perf init page and main eicas, everything is as it was before.whQuf7.jpg

That's my first guess.  Next time look at your SAT or TAT temps, I bet they were way off.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Yep, I'd reckon it has to do with atmospheric conditions as well...  denser air, less dense air, etc... cool!

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX