Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

T2G EDDM textures issue

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I bought and installed T2G´s EDDM today.

I uninstalled Aerosoft´s Mega Airport Munich first, and deleted its entries in the scenery library.

The 3 new entries for the new EDDM scenery are present, in the correct order (as described in the PDF manual).

The runways look quite strange though, with some super wide default runway and taxiway texture showing through the new scenery at a few spots:

dghmaubyvfw2kg000.jpg

What could be the problem here?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey Michael! Do you use any other sort of scenery? Orbx etc.

To me, this looks like it could a conflict between sceneries. Use your Windows Control Panel to completely uninstall Aerosoft Munich. It also looks like a possible conflict between day and night textures within the Taxi2Gate scenery. That unfortunately I do not know a fix for but I am sure another AVSIM user will. My advice for now is to uninstall both sceneries and reinstall just the Taxi2Gate.

I will be glad to help you further. Good luck!

Freddie

Guest Mik75

Hey Michael! Do you use any other sort of scenery? Orbx etc.

To me, this looks like it could a conflict between sceneries. Use your Windows Control Panel to completely uninstall Aerosoft Munich. It also looks like a possible conflict between day and night textures within the Taxi2Gate scenery. That unfortunately I do not know a fix for but I am sure another AVSIM user will. My advice for now is to uninstall both sceneries and reinstall just the Taxi2Gate.

I will be glad to help you further. Good luck!

Freddie

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am pretty sure that I installed the AS scenery, using the EMT back then. This tool caused my a lot of problems, so I've uninstalled it months ago.

I uninstalled the Aerosoft scenery, using the control panel, and after that, I deleted the remaining folder and the scenery library entry manually.

But there is also an additional "winter pack", containing some textures, for the T2G Munich scenery, that have to be installed manually. I thought, there were optional, but maybe, one has to install them to get the scenery working correctly during winter...

Unfortunately, T2G don't seem to offer any support and don't answer any questions on their own forum.

It's a bit of a shame. It's my first product from them, I really love the look of EDDM, and its extremely good performance, but poor support doesn't attract me at all.

I have found a possible solution there though, suggesting that one has to delete a bgl file, possibly left over from the AS EDDM scenery, hopefully that does the trick.

Michael, the texture packs for the seasons that you can download from Taxi2Gate are definately not optional. Unless you don't care about summer trees in winter. ;)

Guest Mik75

Michael, the texture packs for the seasons that you can download from Taxi2Gate are definately not optional. Unless you don't care about summer trees in winter. ;)

Hi there!

Ok, the trees, and there are also the green summer textures around the bridges and the roads, so maybe I'll give it a try!

Should I use the files that come with the scenery, or should I download them from their website?

And, there must be something like a "summer pack" to revert back to the green textures, right?

Would be much more convenient, if all that happened automatically, or at least by choosing it as an option in some sort of configuration tool. But once more, this does add to the feeling that T2G won't become my favourite scenery designer (as much as I like the scenery)... ;-)

Have u tried to use Vector to eliminate elevation issues ?

Good lord, I totally forgot about the Vector elevation correction tool!

Thanks a lot, for giving me that hint! ;-)

Guest Mik75

So, I found out about an update (from 1.0 to 1.2), and I installed that, and the strange textures showing through the runway are gone.

But still, terminal 1 is lacking some jetways, and the lights on the runway are very strange as well:

dgi60gjja13tjqqkg.jpg
dgi60p8kzvbux0tts.jpg

EDIT:
After seeking for bgl´s, left over by the AS EDDM install, I´ve found one in the Aerosoft/AFD folder (EDDM_2010). After deleting it, the jetways are there, and the night lighting looks perfectly fine!
Wow, a lot of manual action, and a lot of trouble shooting required, for an payware addon airport installation, but now it´s done. And it looks very good and performs so smoothly!
Thanks again for your valuable input!

Hi there!

Ok, the trees, and there are also the green summer textures around the bridges and the roads, so maybe I'll give it a try!

Should I use the files that come with the scenery, or should I download them from their website?

And, there must be something like a "summer pack" to revert back to the green textures, right?

Use the pack from the website. Install the textures according to the season. There is one pack for each.

Guest Mik75

Use the pack from the website. Install the textures according to the season. There is one pack for each.

Thank you! I've already done that. No big deal, but it certainly looks much better! ;-)

I really like this scenery.

Thanks for the heads-up, I missed both the update as well as the season texture packs.

Have to agree it feels a bit so-so having to copy files both for upgrades and seasons manually when we're talking about a payware product. Hopefully T2G will consider including a config tool like the ones provided by many other developers further down the road as well as distribute updates with automatic installers.

Richard Åsberg

Enjoyed myself making a very simple batch file to automate the installation of season texture files for Taxi2Gate EDDM.

Below is how I did it. Feel free to copy this into your own batch file but obviously you'll first need to modify the paths to suit your environment. Do note what will happen on your side is all on you and I won't take responsibility for any issues or be able to provide any support so use at your own risk and if you're unsure how to create and execute a batch file I suggest you skip this.

And edited to add after you created a batch file with this content and changed the paths to suit your environment you can simply create a shortcut to the batch file and place it anywhere you like to very simply switch seasons with a double-click and then pick the season of your choise. Self-explanatory I guess if you know what a batch file is :smile:

@ECHO OFF
:BEGIN
CLS
ECHO Taxi2Gate season textures installer, pick the number for the season you want to install
ECHO.
ECHO 1-Spring, 2-Summer, 3-Fall, 4-Winter
CHOICE /N /C:1234 %1
IF ERRORLEVEL ==4 GOTO FOUR
IF ERRORLEVEL ==3 GOTO THREE
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END
:FOUR
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\winter\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The winter textures have successfully been installed
GOTO END
:THREE
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\fall\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The fall textures have successfully been installed
GOTO END
:TWO
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\summer\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The summer textures have successfully been installed
GOTO END
:ONE
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\spring\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The spring textures have successfully been installed
:END
ECHO.
pause

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75

Enjoyed myself making a very simple batch file to automate the installation of season texture files for Taxi2Gate EDDM.

Below is how I did it. Feel free to copy this into your own batch file but obviously you'll first need to modify the paths to suit your environment. Do note what will happen on your side is all on you and I won't take responsibility for any issues or be able to provide any support so use at your own risk and if you're unsure how to create and execute a batch file I suggest you skip this.

And edited to add after you created a batch file with this content and changed the paths to suit your environment you can simply create a shortcut to the batch file and place it anywhere you like to very simply switch seasons with a double-click and then pick the season of your choise. Self-explanatory I guess if you know what a batch file is :smile:

@ECHO OFF
:BEGIN
CLS
ECHO Taxi2Gate season textures installer, pick the number for the season you want to install
ECHO.
ECHO 1-Spring, 2-Summer, 3-Fall, 4-Winter
CHOICE /N /C:1234 %1
IF ERRORLEVEL ==4 GOTO FOUR
IF ERRORLEVEL ==3 GOTO THREE
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END
:FOUR
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\winter\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The winter textures have been successfully installed
GOTO END
:THREE
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\fall\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The fall textures have been successfully installed
GOTO END
:TWO
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\summer\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The summer textures have been successfully installed
GOTO END
:ONE
copy "D:\Install\FlightSim\Payware\Taxi2Gate\Munich\SEASON-TEXTURES-PACKS\P3D\spring\*.dds" "F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\T2G - EDDM P3Dv3\data\EDDM\Texture" /Y 
ECHO.
ECHO The spring textures have been successfully installed
:END
ECHO.
pause

Thanks a lot!

I'll give your work a try for sure!

;-)

Thanks a lot!

I'll give your work a try for sure!

;-)

You're welcome and then you can even add this nice little standard icon that comes with Windows to your shortcut. I think it matches the purpose of the shortcut quite well with a little tree :smile:

Taxi2Gate%20EDDM%20seasons%20textures%20

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75

You're welcome and then you can even add this nice little standard icon that comes with Windows to your shortcut. I think it matches the purpose of the shortcut quite well with a little tree :smile:

Taxi2Gate%20EDDM%20seasons%20textures%20

Very cool idea! ;-)