Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Emergency Lights switch not working

Hi, I noticed during my first flight that the Emergency Lights switch is not working, since I couldn't set it to ARM closing its guard. I suppose I could be missing something and it's not a bug.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed,

Can you be a little more specific about the issue here? Is the switch not able to be clicked? Are you getting an error message? ...an EICAS message?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, I'm getting an EICAS message indicating the Emergency Light is not armed. When I try to close the guard to ARM it, it does not respond, I hear a click sound, but it has no action.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Using EZDok?

I see you're using P3D in your sig, too. Make sure you've installed the simconnects (go to support.precisionmanuals.com > knowledge base button > look for 'aircraft loads up dead' under the P3D list of topics - I can provide a link when I get home if you haven't checked it out before I get there).

Kyle Rodgers

Using EZDok?

I see you're using P3D in your sig, too. Make sure you've installed the simconnects (go to support.precisionmanuals.com > knowledge base button > look for 'aircraft loads up dead' under the P3D list of topics - I can provide a link when I get home if you haven't checked it out before I get there).

Thanks again, Kyle, all simconnects installed (legacy and current, three of them). Using ChasePlane, not EZDok.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Try doing it without ChasePlane running. So far, I haven't seen any issues come from it (I used ChasePlane thru most of the beta), but it's in the same category as EZDok and the latter has caused quite a number of issues.

Additionally, are you excluding the P3D directory from active scanning by your virus scanner?

Kyle Rodgers

Additionally, are you excluding the P3D directory from active scanning by your virus scanner?

Yes, it's excluded.

I'll try again with ChasePlane disabled and will report back. I've also reported by a ticket to PMDG that my mouse cursor does not change to a hand shape when selecting switches and knobs in VC.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Kyle:

With ChasePlane disabled the Emergency Switch is still not working, but as you probably know, ChasePlane "remains" in some way in the system even if it's disabled. In my main machine (desktop) the problem does not exist and there I don't have ChasePlane installed yet. I suspect the issue has something to do with the interaction of the B747v3 and ChasePlane.

Still with the problem.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

All of them.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

Re-run all three SimConnect installers, from the P3D redist folder, to make sure they all were installed, but no luck in respect to the issue of the Emergency Loght switch.

Hopefully you can help with this.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

'll try again with ChasePlane disabled and will report back. I've also reported by a ticket to PMDG that my mouse cursor does not change to a hand shape when selecting switches and knobs in VC.

Using  chase  plane  as well,  some  times  i notice  the  view  changes  slightly  and  unable  to change switches  when i zoom  in  a  tad   its  back to normal again. So  try zooming in or  out  a tad  to see  if the cursor  changes  to  a  hand

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle:

With ChasePlane disabled the Emergency Switch is still not working, but as you probably know, ChasePlane "remains" in some way in the system even if it's disabled. In my main machine (desktop) the problem does not exist and there I don't have ChasePlane installed yet. I suspect the issue has something to do with the interaction of the B747v3 and ChasePlane.

Still with the problem.

Ed

Well, after several tests conducted today with ChasePlane disabled (i.e., not started-up together with P3D and closed thereafter, but not opened at all at any time during the testing), the Emergency Light switch is operating completely normal. I suspect there's a problem in the interaction of ChasePlane with the B747v3. For the time being, until further information coming from someone with the same issue, I will fly the 747 without using ChasePlane.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

I suspect there's a problem in the interaction of ChasePlane with the B747v3

If  there  was  there  would be many more  posts,  have  you  tried  zooming  in  more   since   some  times  the view   changes and  you might be  in the  head  rest  of the  seat

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yeah, it's working fine with chaseplane for me too. the behavior you're describing is pretty much exactly what happens when you move your camera backwards into the headrest! it is easy to do without realizing it since one is usually looking forward when adjusting the position ..

good luck hope you find the solution

cheers

-andy crosby