Sign in to follow this  
simbio

FSLabs A320 for P3D v1.0.1.196 update

Why do we have/need a "FS Labs Service" running autimatically at startup???

C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs\FSLSpotLights\FSLService\FSLService.exe

Noticed that too. 

1. Less stutters - good.

2. VNAV became a bit shaky with large VS spikes. Kinda remind me of Leonardo Maddog VNAV .

Yes, I was wondering about that too. It runs at Windows startup. 

Dirk.

Good question. The other major developer uses service too, but it's activated only when needed. Way more clever.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

The FSLService is there to detect when the sim starts and stops. It does that to inject necessary logic for Spotlights upon application startup. Otherwise, it takes zero processing power while the sim is running.

If you have stutters or spikes, please look elsewhere for the culprit - the FSLService is not doing anything other than what I just mentioned.

Are you on latest FSUIPC? 4.9.6.1 or later? Pete fixed a cause of stutters with the logic that checked available VAS - he moved it to a separate thread for that exact reason.

EDIT: I am not sure what "other developer" you are referring to, but I do assure you that the FSLService is only "activated" (i.e. takes processing power) when needed.

• Upvote 4

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Are you on latest FSUIPC? 4.9.6.1 or later? Pete fixed a cause of stutters with the logic that checked available VAS - he moved it to a separate thread for that exact reason.

Is FSUIPC's OOMcheck the only source of stutters FSL is aware of? Is there anything else believed to be the culprit?

Cheers,

It is probably being referred in automatic vs manual startup of service where in former the service will start on windows start up and stay in background regardless of sim being used while in latter would run only when aircraft is loaded in the sim.

HI

If you suffer P3d crash when load the a320 , check your OC.

When the A320 loads it is harder on the cpu then RogRealbench Aida64 you name it.

Test to downclock 100-200MHZ or raise the vcore

It is probably being referred in automatic vs manual startup of service where in former the service will start on windows start up and stay in background regardless of sim being used while in latter would run only when aircraft is loaded in the sim.

Kinda hard to start the service only when aircraft is loaded in the sim, if the service's only purpose is to detect when the sim is started before anything has loaded in the sim yet :).

Please take my word for this: The service only does that. Checks for sim start / sim stop.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Is FSUIPC's OOMcheck the only source of stutters FSL is aware of? Is there anything else believed to be the culprit?

Cheers,

If I have any problem like that the first thing I do is delete you config. Let it build a new one. I do this once a week.

Also delete your shader.

Check you XML for double entry.

Also what cpu are your using if its 4core with HT ON , try AM 116.

TrackIR shows everything up when looking around but sometimes frames can be fine but the sim still "looks" stuttery (when it should not) I put TrackIR on cores 1-5-6 and its smooth as silk.

With TrackIR on the cores above and the new patch/build last night the flight from EGKK to EGJJ was as smooth as ive ever seen P3D.

Also note the night before I had terrible stutter it was really bad, then I read how I should reinstall FSL, Followed that 100% and ta da!.

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7178-installation-instructions-for-a320-x-fsx/

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Also what cpu are your using if its 4core with HT ON , try AM 116

David,

How can I check which CPU I am using? and if it's 4 core? Also, how would you put TrackIR on specific cores?

I'm not as tech savvy as I should be for this hobby, but i'll learn quickly!

Thanks!

Well, I've followed your instructions, including the FSL link provided and it looks like i'm 99% cured of stutters. perhaps there were a few bad eggs laying around the shaders folder/cfg.

Am still curious about the cores if you get a moment!

Cheers,

Great news, happy to help.

For CPU

Try this 

For setting core used, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete

in processes find TrackIR

Right click it....set cores.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Good question. The other major developer uses service too, but it's activated only when needed. Way more clever.

The "other" developer has Flexnet running on windows start up, I don't see the difference. You don't post much positive stuff about FSL do you ? The A320X is more sophisticated and clever than you think. Just like the Majestic Q400, it thinks outside the square.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The "other" developer has Flexnet running on windows start up, I don't see the difference. You don't post much positive stuff about FSL do you ? The A320X is more sophisticated than you think. Just like the Majestic Q400, it thinks outside the square.

Wrong. Flexnet is manual startup, and does not start on windows start up. Flexnet gets started when the aircraft is loaded (not only selected, but flight loaded). It is a licensing services, and does not need to be started before the product starts.

FSLabs Service, as Lefteris said, needs to check if FS is started or not. That service has to run continuously, for obvious reasons.

If some of you are coming from the times of Black Viper, it's not that time any more... memory handling is way better nowdays, that turning of such services simply doesn't yield any performance boost really. Especially turning windows services, which shouldn't be done altogether, and can actually hurt performance.

• Upvote 1

would expect developers to find other ways to reach the function of their addons at the time of development, as otherwise then we may have numerous services to perform simple checks etc running in background with system boot increasing windows startup time, security concerns as well as chances of unforeseen conflicts with unrelated software.

would expect developers to find other ways to reach the function of their addons at the time of development, as otherwise then we may have numerous services to perform simple checks etc running in background with system boot increasing windows startup time, security concerns as well as chances of unforeseen conflicts with unrelated software.

You are talking about the system windows is based upon (we all know there are much better alternatives, when it comes to OS). It's not about the developers, but rather Microsoft. Why does Antivirus need to have a service(s)? It's not about FSL alone.