Sign in to follow this  
JMatts

Same Engine Sound Issue in Internal/External Views

Please forgive me while I try to explain the situation as best as I can. 

I'm not hearing the unique/authentic engine sounds that the 737NGX offer. All I'm getting are the default FSX engine sounds. Whether I'm in the VC or an outside view, the engine sound and volume is the same. There is not a difference in the type of sound. 

The engine sounds worked originally when I first installed PMDG, but put it away for a while and have recently started flying again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PMDG with no success. I've searched all over the web and couldn't find anything related to exactly this. I've found bug posts with FSX with a solution of pressing 'Q' twice to turn off/on the FSX sound but that doesn't apply to me. I miss hearing the authentic sound of the engines.

Can someone please help? Running FSX SP2 on Windows 10 x64. 

Thank you!

Justin

This is going to sound somewhat dumb, but are you sure you're selecting our plane and not the default 737?

Kyle Rodgers

This is going to sound somewhat dumb, but are you sure you're selecting our plane and not the default 737?

No such thing as dumb questions, haha. :)

Yes, I'm absolutely positive. Especially considering I start in the Cold/Dark state, which I can't do in the default. I could link my twitch stream video of my last flight if it could be helpful to understand exactly what I'm referring to. Or at least add the video itself to here.

Love that response ! It's the PMDG version of the classic pc phone tech question "Is your computer plugged in?"

Respect! :)

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

haha - just making sure.

Since you noted you stream:

Occasionally, when I plug my usb mic in for streaming/recording, it will take over as the default sound device, which also re-routes some sounds to it, and others to another device. Make sure your default sound device is set to your normal sound device (for me, it's my motherboard's onboard processing).

Kyle Rodgers

haha - just making sure.

Since you noted you stream:

Occasionally, when I plug my usb mic in for streaming/recording, it will take over as the default sound device, which also re-routes some sounds to it, and others to another device. Make sure your default sound device is set to your normal sound device (for me, it's my motherboard's onboard processing).

I re-installed the drivers and last night the engine sounds worked. And now that the sounds work, my taxi lights weren't working. Well, they couldn't be seen on the taxiway/runway. That was working the night before. 

Either way, sounds are working now and I'm happy about it. Thanks for taking the time to at least respond to my inquiry.