Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Voice via MCE with PF3?

Guys, I have been trialling the PF3 Demo recently, and with help from others on the forum have managed to get commands to the MCE FO to activate PF3 FO using Voxkeys. However, I just can't seem to get my voice to be recognised by PF3 when using the MCE PTT button.

Does anyone know if this is not possible using the demo version of PF3? If it isn't then I'll give up trying. I was just trying to test out PF3 as much as possible before forking out cash for the full version, but if people can confirm that the PTT button works fine with the full version, then I might just have to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guys, I have been trialling the PF3 Demo recently, and with help from others on the forum have managed to get commands to the MCE FO to activate PF3 FO using Voxkeys. However, I just can't seem to get my voice to be recognised by PF3 when using the MCE PTT button.

Does anyone know if this is not possible using the demo version of PF3? If it isn't then I'll give up trying. I was just trying to test out PF3 as much as possible before forking out cash for the full version, but if people can confirm that the PTT button works fine with the full version, then I might just have to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi Stuart.

I think your in the similar position I was a while ago. My demo version of PF3 looked interesting, but then I had that fatal error. I honestly can't recall if I had any success with my voice activated commands. The demo failed before I could explore it further.

It seemed to be driven mostly by selective keypresses. Thus it falls into the clutches of Voice Attack, or our Vox Key. Where a command merely triggers a sequence of keypresses? Not ideal!

Guys do say the demo is error prone and that the full version works and is very good?

That's all I know.

If you fancy it, why not give it a go. The guys at MCE are tops with support, I am sure you would get help if required.

Regards

David.

David,

I think your right. The PF3 program shows great promise and I know from Ben at FS++ that they are looking at having the MCE FO being able to handle the comms, but will depend on whether the current voice scripts can manage all the necessary responses with the PF3 ATC.

Using Voxkey to instigate the appropriate key presses is a decent compromise even though the PF3 FO voice may be slightly different, I believe the full PF3 program has quite a number of different FO voices to chose from.

I have set up several Voxkey phrases such as "request clearance", request taxi" etc. so I'm still interfacing with the MCE FO.

I might just have to purchase it and see what it can really do!

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Yes I can confirm that MCE and PF3 full version work fine together, I have been using it like it for ages, and works just as good flying online. Just need to alter one setting in the Ini file

Rob

Just purchased PF3 and installed, and I still can't get it to recognise voice commands / requests via MCE PTT button. MCE recognises my commands and PTT button working (buzz noise), but nothing from PF3.

Is there anything specific you did related to either PF3 or MCE to get voice working?

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Is MCE ATC set to PF3 in the MCE UI? Are the PF3 flightplan and callsign recognized properly in the MCE UI?

Is the correct frequency set in your aircraft?

Are you sure you are using the correct phraseology?

Does manually pressing the hotkeys work?

Is MCE ATC set to PF3 in the MCE UI? YES

Are the PF3 flightplan and callsign recognized properly in the MCE UI? YES

Is the correct frequency set in your aircraft? YES

Are you sure you are using the correct phraseology? YES, BELIEVE SO.

Does manually pressing the hotkeys work? YES

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Just purchased PF3 and installed, and I still can't get it to recognise voice commands / requests via MCE PTT button. MCE recognises my commands and PTT button working (buzz noise), but nothing from PF3.

Is there anything specific you did related to either PF3 or MCE to get voice working?

Cheers,

Stuart

If I remember (actually I came back to VoxAtc...) you must keep the transmission button pressed after saying your sentence (may be + -2 seconds) to allow Mce the time to "interpret" and transmit to PF3..

Ideally I was releasing the transmit button after hearing PF3 answer.

Hope this help,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Cheers,

Stuart

Then unfortunately I have no idea left why it doesn't work for you.

Ralf,

After purchasing the full PF3 product, I have now managed to get voice working via MCE.

Thanks for all yourhelp and advice.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Ralf,

After purchasing the full PF3 product, I have now managed to get voice working via MCE.

Thanks for all yourhelp and advice.

Cheers,

Stuart

Great. Have fun!