Sign in to follow this  
Lucas777

Multi monitor setup save screens position

HI, I'm planning to use 2 extra screens for PFD and ND (PMDG 737NGX).

Wonder if there is a way to automatically load the gauges on each screen every time I load this plane in FSX.

Thanks in advance.

Lucas,b

I do not use FSX as I am unable to utilise my 6 monitors (set up for Ifly 737) I can however do this with FS9 and if your computer is able to handle at least three screens, this is how I do it in FS9 and your process should be much the same.

1. Bring up your desired pop-up screen on the main screen. I use Views, Instrument panel and select the pop-up you want.  I think you can also use shift 1,2,3 etc as well.

2. Right click on the pop-up, select Undock, and drag that undocked screen to which ever screen you desire.

3. when fully set up with your desired screens simply save the flight.  You can do the same with spot views tower views, virtual cockpit views etc as well. However with your virtual cockpit views, you have to set them up to the desired aspect of that view each time you load the flight.  Te view will remain on the selected monitor but it comes up in the standard vc format.  ie I have two side cockpit views which I get by panning the vc cockpit view right and left as applicable and then using the look left (or right) to get rid of the cockpit frame and just use the view. The Look left, right, up and down controls are in Options, controls, buttons/keys on the task bar.  From memory this is much the same in FSX  or P3D etc as it is in FS9.

Hope this helps and if I am incorrect with my information I apologise but then someone who does or is able to multiscreen with FSX/P3D may be able to offer you the correct advice.

If you need any further advice please just ask.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There is a program called panelrestore.exe.  I downloaded it from either Avsim or flifgtsim.  Its a small utility, you set your windows in your other screens the way you want, you click the save utility and that's it.  Next time you run your sim, undock you windows and click the restore, and your windows are all in place that you saved them.

Gnacino

Whenever I undock my window and try to drag to another screen, FSX crashes. I have 6 monitors that I use for trading options on equities and indexes, but I can only use 1 of these for FSX-SE.

I would like to be able to use my 4 ViewSonic monitors at least for flight simulation, but I have not cracked the nut on how to do that yet, any thoughts?

Hello Capt Al:

First, very nice job on your training series that I just found today and will check out further soon.  Your resume is very impressive for this community!

Re your monitor dilemma, I am sure there is a solution to get your multiple monitors working.  If you can have your monitors working for your trading activities then I dont see why things shouldnt work for your flight sim, but you may have to run with windowed rather than full screen mode in FS.  I suspect it may be video hardware issues that may be the culprit that causes the crash?  For example, I am running 5 monitors using 2 separate (non-SLI) GTX970 video cards with P3D v3.  3  27" monitors are connected to 1 of the 970's and configured to run in surround mode.  I use this for the "out of cockpit" view.  The other 2 smaller monitors are connected to the other 970, and provide the panel and a GPS view.  I can open and drag windows around by opening and undocking them in P3D.  I find the surround view is wide and gives me a more realistic out of cockpit view.  (I used to fly small GA in rural Canada off floats and skiis many years ago and never had autopilots, and I enjoy the peripheral vision available for navigating and on the approach with my setup).  Having the panel monitor right in front of my yoke and below the 3 wider view monitors seems most realistic to me.  My motherboard and CPU are fairly robust and I havent had any issues with slow frames or stutters even with all monitors in use with multiple windows open.  Now, I am no hardware expert but if you could detail your hardware and monitor setup, then that might help me or others suggest something for you.  This community is about sharing and you have certainly done that with your series!  Hope this helps,

Mike Hamilton

Mike Hamilton