Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Freeze

I have p3dv3.2..I have pmdg737; chase plane, as2016 and asca. here's my problem. My mouse and keyboard freeze up. Rain is falling and atc is continuing but can't use keyboard or mouse..froze up...usually have to push button or turn off power switch to shut down..Any ideas. When I get  ctrl alt delete; blue screen comes up...mouse moves erratically but can't select cancel or log off or anything. have wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse

Windows 7x64  16gigs memory

i7-3770-k

Asus Strix 970

Thank you,

Bob M.

Bob M

Been over a year since I ran win 7. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, never had problems with both at the same time, the mouse -  I have to pull battery and put it back in sometimes. Oh yes, my keyboard and mouse did quit one time and that was because win 10 decided all my usb connections were not recognized, a reboot fixed that problem. Blue screen is usually because a program made a bad memory address call, I think win 7 would do that so no write corruptions could occur to data. Seeing as how you were flying at the time, with rain, (maybe) coming into graphics intensive landing zone, maybe you developed a heat problem with graphics card or CPU. I mention that because you mentioned the blue screen. ...and it could be your usb drivers have become corrupted.

If it only happens when running P3D and it only happens at that airport, you may have developed a scenery conflict at that location.

When you mention mouse movements start getting erratic, that could be something in the background going memory hungry and consuming most of the CPU's time, leaving nothing for tracking the mouse. So, you either have one big problem (unknown) or several little problems (also unknown).

Without your comp in front of me there is no quick fix that I know of. Lots of things that could be happening. Sorry

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks Jim,

Sitting at Atlanta with as2016 and chase plane loaded (that may have caused lockup..not sure?  but I notice P3dv3 uses primarily one core (maybe because of Microsoft code). I thought maybe dust so I gave my computer a good scrubbing..lol..I will keep checking on it.

Have a great day!!

Bob M.

Bob M