Sign in to follow this  
Freo

Parking brake=Red Face

Have just spent nearly a day, trying to remove the "parking brake on", indication, at the bottom left of the screen. I have gone through all of my FSUIPC set up, and all the FSX settings menu, again and again.

Finally resorted to a few F/S forums, to check if there were any answers, and what did I find. If the aircraft is CHOCKED, the park brake indicator, will show on. Solved my problem, thankfully. 

Have found no reference to this in the PMDG introduction manual, except in the Ground connections section, which basically states ( You must select CHOCKS SET before you can use any ground services )

Cant quite see what the aircraft being chocked has to do with the parking brake, but there you go. !!

Cheers.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Have found no reference to this in the PMDG introduction manual

Intro Manual Page 23:

NOTE: In the PMDG 737NGX we have an option that allows you to place chocks under the wheels in order to hold the airplane in place. We do this by forcing the FSX parking brake on in the background, while allowing you to set/release the airplane’s parking brake at will. You will notice the red FSX “Parking Brake Set” message appear whenever you have wheel chocks set, since we are using the brake in this fashion. If you wish to eliminate this red message, simply look in your FSX.CFG for: InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True Change True to False and the message will no longer appear! *We decided not to change your FSX.CFG file automatically, as some users do not appreciate such changes being made without permission!

Tutorial 1 has you start with the default panel state to get used to the plane and shows you how to set them.

Tutorial 2 has you start from Tutorial 1's panel state and has you remove them on page 75.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle,

Must have missed page 23 somehow.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,