Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Please suggest very functional and well documented FSX GA plane

Hi,

I'm looking for an FSX GA plane (commercial or freeware) that has the most functional switches (as many as possible) in the cockpit and also that has really good documentation. Will that eliminate most of the Carenado planes which I feel have inadequate documentation?

A question - do all GA planes have or are required by law to have landing lights?

Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

One of the best developers in the biz left recently, so that pretty much leaves us with A2A Simulations if systems depth and accuracy is your thing. The Milviz Cessna 310 and B55 are pretty good as well.

One of the best developers in the biz left recently, so that pretty much leaves us with A2A Simulations if systems depth and accuracy is your thing. The Milviz Cessna 310 and B55 are pretty good as well.

Yes the Real Air Duke and Turbine Duke are amazing but sadly they are not available any more. Luckily however A2A are still around and produce equally great aircraft but if you are looking for GA they have only single engined aircraft at the moment, although I think I read somewhere that they are planning to develop a twin. I have their Cherokee and Comanche and both are excellent, but if you want a Cessna, I'm sure their 172 and 182 are equally good.

Bill

nothing  wrong  with  flight  1  king  air b200

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

To answer the other question. The rules vary somewhat between countries, but since gliders are technically GA aeroplanes, and they don't have lights on them, then the answer at least in the very broadest sense would be no, not all GA aeroplanes are required to have landing lights, nor even some instruments you'd expect in most aeroplanes, for example, very few gliders have an artificial horizon, since they are not really mean to be flown in clouds or at night. However, since you probably meant powered GA aeroplanes, then the answer is, yes, they generally do have to have a minimum amount of lighting, which (in most countries) is the following:

For VFR flight, an aircraft only has to have red and green wingtip anti-collision lights and a white tail light. For VFR at night, and aircraft also has to have strobe (flashing) lights; in some countries, there is an additional requirement that for VFR at night, the aircraft must also have landing lights (typically this is if they flown by anyone other than the owner of the aircraft, i.e. if the aircraft is a rental it has to have landing lights). The requirements for IFR flight (in most countries) are generally the same as for VFR at night. You should bear in mind however, that VFR at night in some countries comes under the additional classification of requiring a night rating, so VFR at night with just a bog standard PPL with no night rating would not actually be allowed in quite a lot of countries, particularly European ones.

A few different GA aeroplanes for FS which are worth considering...

Just Flght Trinidad/Tobago: https://www.justflight.com/product/tb10-tobago-and-tb20-trinidad

Lionheart Bellanca Super Viking: http://secure.simmarket.com/lionheart-super-viking-collection.phtml

Flight 1 Cessna 182T: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1t182t

FlySimWare Cessna C441 Conquest II: https://www.justflight.com/product/flysimware-cessna-441-conquest-ii

Aerosoft H36 Dimona: http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-h36-dimona-x.phtml

Aerosoft DA20 Katana: http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-da20-100-katana-4x.phtml

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes, I second the A2A Cessna 182 as a really good choice -  with realistic textures, dynamics, & failures.  (It even requires maintenance after just sitting in the hanger for long periods).   

My favourite GA aircraft is the Just Flight TB10/TB20.  They are releasing an awesome looking Piper Arrow at the end of the month.

A2A are fantastically immersive and accurate.  The Aerosoft Diamond DA-20 4X is also superb, very accurate and has maintainence simulation, similar to the A2A range.

As others have said, my personal favourite A2A aircraft is also the C182.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

All time favorites--A2A Cub and Cherokee.  Low and slow is the best way to go :wink:

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I only have one suggestion, because this is my only non-stock-fsx GA aeroplane:

Lionheart Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic - the aircraft manual is in the left hand side pocket in the virtual cockpit. Click on it and you can read it in flight! (It does have a basic but functional autopilot fitted!).

I cannot vouch for how accurate it is compared to the prototype, but it "seems" to behave like a small, light two seater should.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'd think the Comanche.  The A2A 182 is good but needs a person sitting in the back seat.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thank you for the suggestions.   I just read a bunch of reviews by Ray Marshall.  These were the most exhaustive reviews I've ever read.  I also download and scanned through some of the manuals. A2A and Milviz planes definitely have good documentation.

How about business jets? Is there anything in FSX world that would equal the functionality and documentation of A2A and Milviz ?   Thanks again.

P.S.  I'm looking for a realistic plane to simulate going around the world. If the prop planes are too slow I'll do it in a business jet. 

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1