Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Please suggest very functional and well documented FSX GA plane

How about business jets? Is there anything in FSX world that would equal the functionality and documentation of A2A and Milviz ? Thanks again.

Probably the best is the Flight1 Mustang.  There are things in development but they are a long ways away right now.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Do A2A planes go on sale?  If yes, when? Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Do A2A planes go on sale?  If yes, when? Thanks.

I don't think A2A do sales.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

A2A does a sale usually once a year, usually for some kind of special occasion, like during A2A's trips to Oshkosh or Sun N FUn

PS if you want to go fast and go around the world, consider the A2A Civil Mustang *I've gone around the world in it a couple of times), it is the GA version of the WW2 P-51, has all the IFR/Autopilot equipment, including GTN650/RXP430 support  It is as fast as turboprops and some bizjets (including the Citation Mustang).  It is however a high performance taildragger and requires a certain amount of proficiency.  A2A also has a very nice T-6 which is an excellent taildragger trainer.

Cheers

TJ

The FlySimWare LearJet 35A is great, and not too expensive either:

https://www.justflight.com/product/flysimware-learjet-35a

I'd recommend this too - it's the most advanced and I'd buy the GTN750 as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't think A2A do sales.

They do, but they happen only very occasionally, usually without much notice and are very short lived. Makes you wonder what A2A gain from these sales, but I guess their products are so good that they can sell them anyway and their normal prices are very reasonable considering the superb quality of their aircraft.

Bill

I'd recommend this too - it's the most advanced and I'd buy the GTN750 as well

A clarification please. Did you mean the most advanced business jet currently available (even without the GTN750)?  Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

The FlySimWare LearJet 35A is great, and not too expensive either:

https://www.justflight.com/product/flysimware-learjet-35a

I just read up on the plane. It appears it requires the purchase of additional payware avionics to be fully functional (eg. Flysimware's GNS 530)? Thanks.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Nah those payware gauges aren't necessary to fly it, they just give it a fancy avionics fit, it works perfectly okay without them, you just won't have those particular avionics installed on the panel. It's easy enough to put whatever avionics you like in there with a quick tweak to the panel config file. I have the Captain Sim weather radar  and the Default FS GPS on mine, but it would work just as well with something else in there.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Two favorites of mine that haven't been mentioned are:

1. Digital Aviation (sold by Aerosoft) Piper Cheyenne. You get both an FS9 and FSX version and in my view it's a real classic with great visuals, lots of detail and like all Digital Aviation products, it has some very unique features... If you want to fly around the world, I'd go with Scott's suggestion of the Lear. But if you want something slower and simpler, check it out

2. Razbam Metroliner III. Though it's really a regional airline turboprop rather than the more typical private GA aircraft, it is a beautifully modelled small turboprop. And like all Razbam products, it is very frequently on sale.

Ian

A clarification please. Did you mean the most advanced business jet currently available (even without the GTN750)?  Thanks.

I'd say it's the most high fidelity bizjet without the GTN.  Although it might tie with the Eaglesoft Citation X - but that is an older addon.  I guess now that I think about it the Citation has a very slight edge on systems fidelity but the Lear has the edge on looks.  You should also consider the XP Jets Lear 25D (the newer version not the old version).

I did a screenshot review of the XPJ Lear 25:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493648-xtremeprototypes-classic-glj-25-se-review/page-1

And also a mini screenshot review on the FSW Lear 35

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498572-flysimware-lear-35-into-tampa/

You can use Google to find info on the ES Citation X.

edit:  Well I'm a nice guy... I found a fairly recent post I did in the screenshot forum of the X....  this is the updated one they released for P3D.  Disregard the comments that followed - I had some issues but they are all resolved now of course.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484595-citation-x/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll second the XPJ Lear 25. 

Recently purchased it & flown from Palm Springs to Bilbao in Spain via Alaska, Chicago (Meigs) Greenland, Iceland, Norway & Scotland.

It's fast & flies high but the range has to be watched. Only leg I had to be really careful was to Greenland. Did the rest no problem & used AS16 real weather all the way.

Flies nicely, has good systems & docs, however more realistic POH is available on the net with a quick search.

I did install the GTN750 to help with this trip however it does come with a default GPS.

Also have the Citation Mustang but find it a bit slow particularly in climb to cruise. The Lear on the other hand is a rocket & you have to be on the ball on take off.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I've been watching YouTube videos of FS MANIA (business jets), Countryflyboy (17 videos on the A2A 172R!), and Flighttrajectory (12 videos of the A2A 172R) among others.  All incredible.

Lots of choices. Thank you for the suggestions.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1