Sign in to follow this  
pilot225

epr red box

when i ready to take off after 50 percent throttle press toga and the speed went up after a few second the speed drop i need use mt throttle to manual push up the speed and also why does the epr box turn redd..

picture

http://imgur.com/a/rIjEA

The EPR box turns red to indicate that you've exceeded pr previously exceeded the EPR limit for that particular engine. Do you have the EEC switches set to Normal?

Also, why are you using CRZ thrust for takeoff?

eec switch is at normal but how to change cruz thrust to toga? what i do was push throttle manual till 50 percent and press toga ?? 

After pressing TOGA, increase your throttle to 100% and leave it there. Any movement of your joystick throttle in HOLD mode will switch off TOGA mode and return the system to manual throttle. You can remove the red boxes by pressing CANCEL (next to RCL).

I also have red EPR boxes, I choose <TO on the THRUST LIM page with no assumed temperature and the toga goes beyond the EPR limits(1.51) on takeoff. But it only happens on the PW engines.

Neil.V