Sign in to follow this  
jspringe

Sound pop every 5 seconds or so

I'm getting a distinct pop in the aircraft sounds about every 5 seconds.  When I close ChasePlane the pop goes away (sounds are smooth).  When I restart ChasePlane the 5 second looping pop returns.  Is ChasePlane polling something about every 5 seconds that could be interfering with the smoothness of the packs/engine sounds?

Thanks.

Not with the sounds specifically. Try with the latest version (released earlier today) and see if it still happens. we fixed an issue causing a lag every 5 seconds

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Not with the sounds specifically. Try with the latest version (released earlier today) and see if it still happens. we fixed an issue causing a lag every 5 seconds

It is still happening with v0.1.609 Alpha Exp.

I tried Internal, External, Scenery camera views, Global Enable / Disable, changing preferences like CPU affinity , etc with no affect.

Let me know what kind of trace information I can collect for you.

Thanks

Version:                  0.1.609

PLV:                      0.1.609

.NET:                     4.6 RC or later

Running Sim:              P3D 3.4.14.18870 Supported

Current aircraft:         PMDG 777F

Current aircraft cfg:     F:\P3Dv3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777F\aircraft.cfg

THIS is what happens to me right now, every 4 seconds a sound schratch or pop in my youtube video sound, goes away when i close Chaseplane. I was hearing it this afternoon and was closing all programs 1 by 1 to find out which one did it. Even with P3d off and Chaseplane still on i hear it. Then when closing Chaseplane the sound is good immediately. Reactivating Chaseplane brings the crack/scratch/pop back. Plz look into it. I cannot find any strange CPU behaviour in taskmanager or so

greetz Doc