Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Binder

CTD from the same .dll............

Please delete my post in the general forum - my mistake.

Hi all,

Its becoming bothersome that everytime I click a 2D panel or accidently use the wrong keystrokes, I get this error:

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 74D4A832 Stack:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37 Exception code: 0xc0020001 Fault offset: 0x000da832 Faulting process id: 0x2aa4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2818f62052144 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 77825a52-a791-4cfa-8a5e-55dce678858a Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37 Exception code: 0xc000041d Fault offset: 0x000da832 Faulting process id: 0x2aa4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2818f62052144 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 0f113ee0-d860-4647-84fc-e4ab22682806 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

5 flights have failed now because of this and for $190 CAD, im becoming frustrated... 

Im using AS16 and I just did a fresh install of P3D. No overclocking, no tweaks, no nothing. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Ive also had problems with G3D.dll... 

Regards,

Brandon Binder

Brandon,

The dll that is crashing you out has nothing to do with us, so the vague allusion that I'm asking you to spend money to use our product isn't exactly down the right path. I'm noting that FSUIPC usually traps these errors caused by the sim itself. You can get kernelbase and g3d.dll errors without any of our aircraft anywhere on or near your system, simply by running the sim. A quick google search for g2d and g3d.dll and FSUIPC will return plenty of results not even remotely related to us.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea for you, but from here I'll suggest the AVSIM CTD guide. Scroll up and find the link bar under Tom Allensworth's picture (top right). It is listed as the 6th bullet point.

Kyle Rodgers

Probably not related, by I've had kernelbase events that corresponded to couatl updates from FSDT.

FSDT just updated it again today and I'm saving my flight in progress every hour just in case it happens again.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've had this issue with both the NGX and 747 now and it always happens on a long flight when I click the 2d pop outs. It has never happened to me with any other addon. I still have yet to complete a flight in the 747 because of it. I have FSUIPC installed and registered, however it was v4955. I've installed v4962 so we'll see what happens I guess...

I'll give the CTD guide a shot too.

I've had this issue with both the NGX and 747 now and it always happens on a long flight when I click the 2d pop outs. It has never happened to me with any other addon. I still have yet to complete a flight in the 747 because of it. I have FSUIPC installed and registered, however it was v4955. I've installed v4962 so we'll see what happens I guess...

I'll give the CTD guide a shot too.

We're in the same boat! I can't complete a flight either! I never had it with the NGX or 777 for FSX... this is all new to me.

Probably not related, by I've had kernelbase events that corresponded to couatl updates from FSDT.

FSDT just updated it again today and I'm saving my flight in progress every hour just in case it happens again.

I've done a fresh P3D install, no addons but the 747 and AS16. See how far I get!

A little update, I think the problem has to do with Windows Antimalware Service Executable (at least for me). I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. 

I did a shorter flight today and monitored all kinds of different things to try and see if I could understand the problem better. For me, it seemed as if P3D would lock up when I clicked a 2d popup, and then would subsequently crash. Event Viewer gave me the KERNALBASE.dll error as the reason behind the crash. With that in mind, I wanted to see why it was locking up.

I noticed that every time P3D had locked up, Antimalware Service Executable was jumping up in resource usage. When it went away the sim unlocked and everything was fine a second later. I even tried to spam click the displays and force a crash but had no luck when the Antimalware Service wasn't taking up resources. I'm lead to believe this must be the cause of the problem. The Antimalware Service Executable is scanning the system for malware, and in turn using a lot of resources and locking up the PC since the system can't handle P3D, my external addons, and this service. 

The solution..I'm still working on it. Sadly, although Windows has the option to disable it, it will re-enable if left off too long (I don't know how long). You can get around that in a much more technical way, however I'm going to try something else. I want to see if excluding the P3D.exe, as well as the others I run when I am flying, has any effect on this or not. I've already had their directories excluded for some time now, but not that actual exe. Perhaps if it doesn't scan the running process it won't use as much resources, or won't affect the program. If it doesn't work, I think disabling the service all together will likely fix the issue.

I noticed that every time P3D had locked up, Antimalware Service Executable was jumping up in resource usage. When it went away the sim unlocked and everything was fine a second later. I even tried to spam click the displays and force a crash but had no luck when the Antimalware Service wasn't taking up resources. I'm lead to believe this must be the cause of the problem. The Antimalware Service Executable is scanning the system for malware, and in turn using a lot of resources and locking up the PC since the system can't handle P3D, my external addons, and this service.

I've seen this too and Google reveals lots of links with discussion and fixes.  Fix I have in place now is to exclude the windows defender folder in the windows defender settings.  Lot's of testimony out there that scanning its own folder causes the excessive use of resources.  I've got a couple of hours with that fix and so far so good.  However, this never caused a kernelbase error, to my knowledge, but I have had a few of those and thought it was due to couatl scripting engine for reasons.

Dan Downs KCRP