Sign in to follow this  
riftin11

Captain FMC No Backlight in VC

I'm having an issue with my cockpit night lighting, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a bug. My captains FMC keyboard does not stay backlit, all other pedestal lights are on and work fine, including FO FMC, however the captain's one is dark. Additionally, this is only in the VC, the lights appear on the 2D popup. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Perhaps not related, but my captain's side FMC changes backlight color. Yesterday it turned blue, and now a bright green. The other one is still normal. I would post an image, but I don't know how to here on the forum.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

edit: Running p3d v3.4 on Windows 10

Edited by harvester21

1 hour ago, harvester21 said:

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

We provided a method by which you can change the colors on the flight deck. Are you using a specific livery when this occurs? Is it one of ours, or someone else's? Have you played around with the color settings at all?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, I know that the options exist, I have changed magenta to a color i can actually see (perhaps that hint explains why I am flying sims and not real aircraft).

Having said that, I have not changed anything regarding back lighting and the funny thing is, it starts off normally, and then after some hours, it decides to go chameleon and change its color randomly. I checked the back lighting options to see if perhaps changing it and reverting back to default would poke it back in the right direction, but to no avail. Also, FO side is still normal color, and if I remember correctly, the FMS color changes affect both simultaneously.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

19 minutes ago, harvester21 said:

Having said that, I have not changed anything regarding back lighting and the funny thing is, it starts off normally, and then after some hours, it decides to go chameleon and change its color randomly. I checked the back lighting options to see if perhaps changing it and reverting back to default would poke it back in the right direction, but to no avail. Also, FO side is still normal color, and if I remember correctly, the FMS color changes affect both simultaneously.

Interesting. Go ahead and submit a ticket, as that sounds odd. If you can, try and find some sort of procedure where it's repeatable to pass along.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll do that. Not sure if I can reproduce, seems longhaul is the ticket, but not sure what the trigger is. Will try and attach the two screenshots as well.

Have a great weekend!