I made a profile that allowed the mechanic close my cargo doors. So how do I get it to work? I load the flight sim and MCE and then what do I do? I have tried the trigger word to start the script but nothing.

Hi there!

I'm not sure you need to create a script as it can be done using ground. For eg "Ground close cargo doors" that one works for me.

With Voxkey, I believe there is a defaultfsx and a defaultP3d script. These are set to be priority I believe and would need to be removed if creating a new key of your own. What I do is open the relevant defaut voxscript for my sim and add my new voice commands to that and they have worked fine.

Sadly I'm not at my PC so I can't tell you where to find them, but I'm sure someone else might be able to elaborate further.

I hope that helps!

Rob

I made a profile that allowed the mechanic close my cargo doors. So how do I get it to work? I load the flight sim and MCE and then what do I do? I have tried the trigger word to start the script but nothing.

Hello.

I would not use Vox Key to create any commands to close doors.

I would recommend using VOX SCRIPT.

If you are unsure of the steps, here is a full walk through;

From your MCE GUI, (Sim open, MCE GUI open)

Go to COMMAND tab

Open COMMAND tab

Open Vox Script

Click new.

Enter a name for your Vox Script. I use "Boarding Complete"

Click save.

Now click on your new Vox Script "Boarding complete".

Now click on EDIT.

Now click on Edit commands.

Now click on the COMMAND tab (top left)

Enter the text CABIN CREW CLOSE DOORS

Click save.

You can enter any replies in this section "Available replies" and "available completed task statements", if you require the FO reply when she/he's herd the command and when she/he's done them.

Click save again.

That's it, a Vox Script. Click TEST or try it out, speak the trigger, "Boarding Complete", all should be working! :smile:

My Vox Script for "Boarding Complete" reads;

Cabin Crew Close Doors

Ground from flight deck

Mechanic close cargo doors

Mechanic you may leave

Remember, its the cabin crew that closes your doors. Its the ground crew/mechanic/technicians that close your cargo doors (in real life also!)

There you have it.

Its why MCE is very powerful, complete, customisable control of your simulated aircraft. But best not to use Vox KEY, for these actions, in my honst opinion.

Hope that helps.

Regards

David

Hi there!

I'm not sure you need to create a script as it can be done using ground. For eg "Ground close cargo doors" that one works for me.

With Voxkey, I believe there is a defaultfsx and a defaultP3d script. These are set to be priority I believe and would need to be removed if creating a new key of your own. What I do is open the relevant defaut voxscript for my sim and add my new voice commands to that and they have worked fine.

Sadly I'm not at my PC so I can't tell you where to find them, but I'm sure someone else might be able to elaborate further.

I hope that helps!

Rob

Thanks Helix. Your response cleared some confusion up for me. The defaults or actually in documents.

Hello.

I would not use Vox Key to create any commands to close doors.

I would recommend using VOX SCRIPT.

If you are unsure of the steps, here is a full walk through;

From your MCE GUI, (Sim open, MCE GUI open)

Go to COMMAND tab

Open COMMAND tab

Open Vox Script

Click new.

Enter a name for your Vox Script. I use "Boarding Complete"

Click save.

Now click on your new Vox Script "Boarding complete".

Now click on EDIT.

Now click on Edit commands.

Now click on the COMMAND tab (top left)

Enter the text CABIN CREW CLOSE DOORS

Click save.

You can enter any replies in this section "Available replies" and "available completed task statements", if you require the FO reply when she/he's herd the command and when she/he's done them.

Click save again.

That's it, a Vox Script. Click TEST or try it out, speak the trigger, "Boarding Complete", all should be working! :smile:

My Vox Script for "Boarding Complete" reads;

Cabin Crew Close Doors

Ground from flight deck

Mechanic close cargo doors

Mechanic you may leave

Remember, its the cabin crew that closes your doors. Its the ground crew/mechanic/technicians that close your cargo doors (in real life also!)

There you have it.

Its why MCE is very powerful, complete, customisable control of your simulated aircraft. But best not to use Vox KEY, for these actions, in my honst opinion.

Hope that helps.

Regards

David

Thanks for your descriptive instructions but I have said " ground close cargo doors" before. All i get is ground saying wait a minute and nothing after that. I waited like 15 mins and nothing.

Thanks for your descriptive instructions but I have said " ground close cargo doors" before. All i get is ground saying wait a minute and nothing after that. I waited like 15 mins and nothing.

So did you try, Mechanic close cargo doors and did you CALL GROUND first. "GROUND FROM FLIGHT DECK"....Then "MECHANIC CLOSE CARGO DOORS".

Also in what aircraft are you attempting to use these commands?

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, charlie130 said:

So did you try, Mechanic close cargo doors and did you CALL GROUND first. "GROUND FROM FLIGHT DECK"....Then "MECHANIC CLOSE CARGO DOORS".

Also in what aircraft are you attempting to use these commands?

Nope still didn't work.

On 2/27/2017 at 5:27 PM, speterson1538 said:

Nope still didn't work.

You normally don't need those commands via Voxkey.

Door operation on PMDG MD-11 is handled via simulated clicks in FMC-CDU.(in VC mode)

Are you on P3D, which exact version or FSX, or even FS9?

Or perhaps you're operating in 2D cockpit??

18 hours ago, speterson1538 said:

Yeah I have abandoned the idea of Voxkey from earlier discussions on this post. I am in VC mode and I am on P3d v 3.4.

Since you're on P3D V3.2 or higher, sorry to say that right now, the technique used to simulate clicks in VC for "some items", in this case FMC-CDU, don't work since LM changed a few things with panels layering. We're working hard to restore that functionality.