Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

W10 64 bit Update just updated to Nvidia 376.53?

Is there any particular issues with this driver anyone aware of ? If not I will just leave it installed !

Has a memory leak I believe.As posted in the P3D forum

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I use fsx not p3d will that not effect me then ?

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I use fsx not p3d will that not effect me then ?

As the memory leak is in the driver, I suppose it would. Try the latest. BTW, option 3 worked.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Typical MS.

I hope this isn't a taste of things to come.

Whenever they say they're making changes to "make games better", you can bet hard cash that the BOHICA is on its way. Which is a shame. And the new and coming windows update is "all about making games run better."

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

This is why I stayed with W7 on my dedicated Sim Rig.  Shame really, that M$ should spoil a good OS like this.  But then I guess computer game players are a minority in terms of worldwide PC usage.  Consequently of no real interest to the powers that be.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I really have no inherent problems with Windows 10... but I just wish I could yell out "please! Let me run and control my own computer!" 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

This is needed to and make notes

http://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

1) download 376.33 installer. 

2) Then follow these instructions http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

3) Disable Internet

4) Uninstalled the nvidia drivers on your computer (I used DDU app, you don't have to)

5) Reboot PC and login and install 376.33 Drivers (make sure internet is off).

6) Now Follow these simple instructions on group policy http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

7) Reboot pc and enable Internet.

Now Windows will try to update but those nvidia drivers won't update.

But down the road you will need to dis-enable the group policy to update drivers - place a note or sticky on the desktop to remind you to do that step prior to updating any new drivers.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

But then I guess computer game players are a minority in terms of worldwide PC usage. Consequently of no real interest to the powers that be.

The next major update has a built in game mode aimed at giving games more resources to run better,

If the Powers to be have no interest ing gaming, why are they building this mode ?

It is the best OS these days for gaming and Microsoft is making it better with each free update.

The new Nvidia drivers that MS kindly installed for us are running fine, nothing to fear here.

I have auto updates disabled myself and am SO glad I saw this thread. Was going crazy for a few minutes wondering how in the world my video drivers changed. If I hadn't seen this topic, could have easily been hours. I had to convince myself that it was just a video driver update and not something bigger going on.

Go figure.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I think I'll just leave the driver in for now if it's broke mayby the next one will fix it , fsx seems ok at present just don't get the hours to spare to keep uninstalling rebooting installing etc etc .....

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Forget about all the mis-information - Windows 10 = safe computing.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/windows-10-security-guide

Cheers

jja

I tried the latest driver but it flaked badly with 2 1070s in SLI.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Forget about all the mis-information - Windows 10 = safe computing.

It's a wonder that Windows 10 manages to function under all those security measures. Where will it end, I ask myself?

Mike 👹

It's a wonder that Windows 10 manages to function under all those security measures. Where will it end, I ask myself?

Mike

Windows 10 is now certified for classified use by the NSA: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-nsa-approval-windows-10-surface,33640.html

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png