Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

W10 64 bit Update just updated to Nvidia 376.53?

So Microsoft still forces us to upgrade to Nvidia version 376.53? I'm planning to enable Windows Update again to see any updates, however, maybe I won't do it anymore to avoid this kind of force upgrade.

So far, is there any issue with Nvidia version 376.53 yet?

So Microsoft still forces us to upgrade to Nvidia version 376.53? I'm planning to enable Windows Update again to see any updates, however, maybe I won't do it anymore to avoid this kind of force upgrade.

So far, is there any issue with Nvidia version 376.53 yet?

I have it and whilst I was far from happy about it installing (I had 376.33, which did not have the massive VAS leak) it behaves nice on my PC and quite frankly it seems to be 376.33 with a new name.

Now what I did do because I could not find away to stop it installing that worked, I completely uninstalled Nvidia all the way back to the PC using its native driver, then I let windows install its 376.53.

That seems to have "cleaned installed" it.

In the meantime, I have found out how to stop drivers updating by way of enabling a rule in Windows 10 local policy editor (thanks Word Not Allowed on the FSLabs forum) which I have done but I have left 376.53 installed as it is fine (on my PC).

As always YMMV!

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking that this force-release is a prelude to the new GAME feature.  They probably have vetted this one driver suite, and certified that it will work flawlessly with the new Game Mode feature.  A possibility....

I'm thinking that this force-release is a prelude to the new GAME feature.  They probably have vetted this one driver suite, and certified that it will work flawlessly with the new Game Mode feature.  A possibility....

Possible that current games have the same limitations and performance points as FSX.  Hard to tell though.  I do know that SLI is good with FSX on the current drivers.  Upgrading to Kaby Lake and will be interesting as 5Ghz is possible.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Possible that current games have the same limitations and performance points as FSX.  Hard to tell though.  I do know that SLI is good with FSX on the current drivers.  Upgrading to Kaby Lake and will be interesting as 5Ghz is possible.

Cheers

jja

Well...my assertion was right.  I have been forever trying to dump this M.S. nVidia update.  Three times, it loaded, and I immediately went back to my well performing 376.33.  Last night, for the third time, my W10 Anniversary version, auto-updated the driver suite.  So, I gave up getting rid of it......I just took off out of KMIA, where I had always (for my high/full settings) using the good 376.33's, garnered around 23-28 FPS at taxi, and shortly after rotation, with the very heavy autogen of Miami (KMIA) in view, out of the cockpit, and in Chase mode.

well....under the forced update nVidia driver version of this thread, my FPS have increased 10 FPS!  I was stunned to see 38-44 FPS!  I have never had this high of an FPS count, at this airport.  (It is one of the most heavy and taxing airports to rotate out of in XP11, because of the great autogen and traffic/lights that are generated at full slide-right settings).  

Is this M.S. nVidia driver download optimized?   YOU BET IT IS!

I got a 33 percent FPS increase using it.   Like I said...a version that does not show up on nVidia's driver site....probably tweaked for the up-coming Game Mode W10 update. That's why it showed up in the Update/install cue and is 'forced' upon you...BUT.....ready for Game Mode!  Let the games begin....

I disabled the driver auto update via the registry, as DSR doesn't work well in newer drivers. I'm on 353.62 .....Windows 10 just kept on updating it without me wanting to.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I disabled the driver auto update via the registry, as DSR doesn't work well in newer drivers. I'm on 353.62 .....Windows 10 just kept on updating it without me wanting to.

With my 'forced' experience, you might want to try this update out.  I am most pleasantly surprised, actually!  :hi:  :Cuppa:

This driver suite kicks butt in XP11 b11.  I had been running with xEviro cloud setting of Optimal.  I have increased it now to MAX, and boy-oh-boy...a real boost to cloud variation, strata...and visual realism.  I'm sure that the tweaking of XP11's fps is working here...but now, can enjoy at my new 'max' 40's fps...with xEnviro's cloud setting at Max.  The cloud-scape (up-scale) between Optimal and Max is quite dramatic, and wonderful to behold.

Great things are cooking in the kitchen.... :Party:

Driver updated again!!!! Why are we forced to use drivers we may not want to use.?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

See here - that's what I did and reverted back to 376.33.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

See here - that's what I did and reverted back to 376.33.

Getting better performance with the forced, than with 376.33 of which I had running.

Getting better performance with the forced, than with 376.33 of which I had running.

We understand your performance is better, mine isn't. noticeably better.

spacer.png

We understand your performance is better, mine isn't. noticeably better.

As always...different system components...MMV. :)

As always...different system components...MMV. :)

....or beware the bearers of free gifts! Very rarely are we given a free lunch without some strings attached. Doubtless I'm just an old cynic, but my experience is telling me that such performance gains such as you have experienced, Mitch, are not attributable to driver wizardry alone. CPU and GPU resources are finite so something else has to give to achieve such gains.

Regards,

Mike

....or beware the bearers of free gifts! Very rarely are we given a free lunch without some strings attached. Doubtless I'm just an old cynic, but my experience is telling me that such performance gains such as you have experienced, Mitch, are not attributable to driver wizardry alone. CPU and GPU resources are finite so something else has to give to achieve such gains.

Regards,

Mike

...all I did Mike, was run with the forced update. Nothing changed, on system other than swap out of .33 with .53, or within the sim settings.   Rebooted the computer, ran XP11 b11, and got 8-11 FPS above use with .33 right out of the gate with the next flight. :)

I decided then to up xEnviro cloud setting to MAX from middle Optimal. Didn't lose one FPS on going to the MAX setting.  The visual difference is stunning, though! Clouds now have loft and height...fantastic to see.

All that happened, was that W10 Pro ANNA Update routine, swapped out .33 with .53.

I'm having great success with this swap out, and won't be looking to counteract it in any way. :)