Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

W10 64 bit Update just updated to Nvidia 376.53?

I'm having great success with this swap out, and won't be looking to counteract it in any way. :)

Nor should you! Never let it be said that I don't enjoy witnessing the successes of others 🤓 I know next to nothing about XP - having too much fun (assuming we are allowed to say that ) with latest visually enhanced version of Prepar3D courtesy of Yuri's fabulous PTA and Adam's Presets! Kicking and screaming would I be should you try to pull me away..lol!

Regards,

Mike

Nor should you! Never let it be said that I don't enjoy witnessing the successes of others I know next to nothing about XP - having too much fun (assuming we are allowed to say that ) with latest visually enhanced version of Prepar3D courtesy of Yuri's fabulous PTA and Adam's Presets! Kicking and screaming would I be should you try to pull me away..lol!

Regards,

Mike

LOL, you go, Mike! :)

Mitch

I at last got around to installing Win 10 as a dual boot system, so that I could retain by optimized Win7 installation of FSX while waiting for the Win 10 issues and dust to settle.

With the Win 10 installation from OEM disk, the Windows Update first updated to the Anniversary edition of Win 10.

During the hardware configuration phase of the install, the system was updated to Nvidia 376.53, the driver now preferred by Win 10's Windows Update.

But the Windows 10 update installed a very truncated version of the NVidia Control Panel, without the 3d Management settings.

Very odd. Reverted to a previous driver from Nvidia site, with the full Control Panel.

Thereafter, Windows Update re-installed the 376.53 driver.

After reading the posts on this thread, am considering whether to keep the Updater version, or to fight it with methods suggested here.

Ultimately, I intend to install Prepare3d on the Windows 10 part of my system, so as to migrate to a more future-proof simulator.

Now, I see that it's rumored that there is a 64-bit version of Prepare3d on the way.  Do I wait to see if the rumors are substantiated, or go with Prepare 3d v.3, which has a large installed base with much 3rd party support?

So my Win 10 install and update just leads to more decisions to make!!!

Rich

After fighting against this forced 376.53 driver install several times, I decided to give it a try....and it turned out to be a very well working driver....I am keeping it now and it is working flawlessy..

Maybe this is not as bad as it seems....

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

After fighting against this forced 376.53 driver install several times, I decided to give it a try....and it turned out to be a very well working driver....I am keeping it now and it is working flawlessy..

Maybe this is not as bad as it seems....

This has been my experience.  I liked the 376.33's, but honestly, this 'forced' driver is working equally as the.33's did...so, it's a go.

Still pumping out effortlessly, 120 FPS maintained in AF2, with all options at Ultra, and cloud settings hitting the right side slider bumpers. :)