Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Sporadically having to activate XP 11

Sometimes upon starting it it will tell me I need to activate it to have the full program, my code is already in the box, I hit activate and it tells me I now have access to all features.

Is this just an update occurrence?

Aaron Tirrell

Sometimes upon starting it it will tell me I need to activate it to have the full program, my code is already in the box, I hit activate and it tells me I now have access to all features.

Is this just an update occurrence?

Same here.  I actually have run into this a few times now as well.  No system or even software changes, and the code is already in the box, but it rechecks anyway.  Has yet to not re-activate, and only takes a few seconds, but does make me wonder why it is doing this randomly.

Just seems to randomly want to re-activate for no obvious reason.

• Upvote 1

Same thing happened to me once or twice, works fine after reactivation though. I don't think there's an automatic limit to your reactivation count, so it doesn't really matter.

• Upvote 1

Well got serial number screen tonight - me thinks because XP may have been hacked by the weirdos they implemented something in the server to  re-check a legal version - no idea just a thought 

Rich Sennett

This is normal. If you have the DVD version it periodically checks that as well. It would probably be nicer if it just called home again instead of showing the popup, but it's always done this.

I had this issue spring up occasionally, prior to using XP11 all the time, whereby the authentication window would appear if I had been running XP10.5 and then switched to XP11.  I figured this was due to having one license that controlled two different versions, so if you went back and forth, the authenticator would verify that you owned a proper license for each one.  Now, I use XP11 all the time, and I haven't had this window appear at all.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Similar problem here.... and I have just realised that, If my wireless connection in my 'Cave' drops out, and I temporarily revert to my (slower) ethernet connection then, the next time that I open XP, I am asked to re-enter my licence key ... almost as if it is seeing it as being installed on a different computer? This has happened several times now and I am becoming concerned that I might be 'flagged' at LR as a multiple-user?

Hmmmm....  Just a thought....  But, if this actually is a part of the DRM protection behaviour of XP then I will fall foul of the TOS of Avsim by asking for an answer. Classic Catch 22. Any suggestions anyone? 

Similar problem here.... and I have just realised that, If my wireless connection in my 'Cave' drops out, and I temporarily revert to my (slower) ethernet connection then, the next time that I open XP, I am asked to re-enter my licence key ... almost as if it is seeing it as being installed on a different computer? This has happened several times now and I am becoming concerned that I might be 'flagged' at LR as a multiple-user?

If you're pretty sure it's switching from wireless to ethernet that's causing it, then I think it would be safe to just file it as a bug report. The activation process can have bugs as well as anything else. Here's the link:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

FYI, I did have one recent re-activation a few days ago (with the serial filled in) without changing anything, but it was just that once.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Appreciate the link Paraffin ... and BR duly submitted.

Regards,

After installing jardesign A330 last week I have been promoted to activate X-plane 11 PB11 every time I start it. Very annoying :( 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI