Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

FSLabs Airbus A320 .. How bad is this!

and finally Jim ... I am interested to know why you decided to delete 'How bad is this'?

I put it back into the title.  I agreed with someone that placing "How bad is this?" with FS Labs Airbus A320 insinuated the Airbus was bad and that was not the case.  It was the lack of VAS and the title was confusing to many, especially me.  VAS and FS Labs are two different things.

Thanks for the kind comments you sent me in a PM tonight.  I wish there were more members like you who completely understand I'm serving in a volunteer position and trying to do the best I can for the Flight Simulation Community and AVSIM.  Some of my decisions are bad, really bad and some are good, really good (can't recall my latest goodness but sure I have done good something good recently).  In any case Paul, thanks again for your kind PM.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 5

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I put it back into the title.  I agreed with someone that placing "How bad is this?" with FS Labs Airbus A320 insinuated the Airbus was bad and that was not the case.  It was the lack of VAS and the title was confusing to many, especially me.  VAS and FS Labs are two different things.

Thanks for the kind comments you sent me in a PM tonight.  I wish there were more members like you who completely understand I'm serving in a volunteer position and trying to do the best I can for the Flight Simulation Community and AVSIM.  Some of my decisions are bad, really bad and some are good, really good (can't recall my latest goodness but sure I have done good something good recently).  In any case Paul, thanks again for your kind PM.

Best regards,

Jim

No matter how kind the comments sent to you in the PM were, Jim, the title is still misleading and it was worded like that on purpose by a frustrated individual. That's how at least it still sounds to me, but no big deal about it. And I fully agree with Chas, such titles shouldn't be censored.

And, Paul, I'm glad you've sorted your VAS problem. It's just if you start pointing your finger with "This bird will be un flyable!!!" here be prepared to get three right back pointing at you.

Dirk.

• Upvote 2

Got to love these backseat moderators....

• Upvote 2

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

And Jim...your service to Avsim is appreciated...

Thank you

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Really? Are you joking? It's the best Airbus addon ever! Why you don't go to official forums? Better than blame here?

It's confirmed that latest Nvidia drivers leaks memory. Roll back to .33

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Got to love these backseat moderators....

he"s  probably  a back seat driver as well :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I fully stand by my post. The title is misleading and incorrect. It is P3d/Nvidea that is the issue but people who use the term "FSLabs" to find something will be immediately drawn to your post which would (until clarified) make them assume that the Aircraft has a VAS leak issue.

I guess the following statement would enforce that stance.

Pathetic is an understatement!!   This bird will be un flyable!!!

My post was not negative but more informative.

• Upvote 1

Jim  .... May I thank you for your very kind words and being able to see and understand  'The wider picture' regarding the headline to my post .. it is appreciated.

John Barnes  ..... I fully respect you standing by your post but I will say this  ....

I just happened to be in the FSLabs Airbus at the time I had the VAS issue ... if it had been say the PMDG 777/Queen of the Skies 747 or indeed Aerosoft's A320 then that would of been in the headline of my post instead ...

Therefore, rest assured, it wasn't me pointing the finger at FSLabs  ...... Quite the contrary ... it is a superb aircraft .. I can't fault it

Ok  .... hands up  .. maybe I should of added this  ....... Pathetic is an understatement!!  This bird along with others such as the PMDG 777/747 will be un flyable!!!

The last thing I want to do is to turn this into a slanging match ..... not my style in the slightest .. I am too old in the tooth for silly games and nonsense

Paul

Jim  .... May I thank you for your very kind words and being able to see and understand  'The wider picture' regarding the headline to my post .. it is appreciated.

John Barnes  ..... I fully respect you standing by your post but I will say this  ....

I just happened to be in the FSLabs Airbus at the time I had the VAS issue ... if it had been say the PMDG 777/Queen of the Skies 747 or indeed Aerosoft's A320 then that would of been in the headline of my post instead ...

Therefore, rest assured, it wasn't me pointing the finger at FSLabs  ...... Quite the contrary ... it is a superb aircraft .. I can't fault it

Ok  .... hands up  .. maybe I should of added this  ....... Pathetic is an understatement!!  This bird along with others such as the PMDG 777/747 will be un flyable!!!

The last thing I want to do is to turn this into a slanging match ..... not my style in the slightest .. I am too old in the tooth for silly games and nonsense

Paul

I fully agree with your statement. I just did not want to see the A320 get bashed and have become a bit protective of the product. I have not posted to bash you Paul and indeed, am highly delighted that your issue was recognized and resolved. It is a great model and needs a bit of care and when its running fine on a system that is stable, will give you endless hours of fun and learning. Please accept my apologies if you were thinking i was having a go. That was not my intention.

John

• Upvote 1

And Jim...your service to Avsim is appreciated...

Thank you

Chas

Thanks Chas for the kind comments.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

We are dealing with the written word here guys. Main problem is that some people do not read it the way the writer intended. Considering the  number of positive posts on the product, when *I* first read the title, I was reading it as the "bad" was the current slang for "good". As in, it's a bad product meaning it's a really good product.

Makes it fun to red the posts!

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hahaha Vic  .. that did make me smile :smile:

A 'Bad boy' which is good!!!  

John  ....... Apology accepted  .... thank you  :smile:

Paul 

We are dealing with the written word here guys. Main problem is that some people do not read it the way the writer intended. Considering the number of positive posts on the product, when *I* first read the title, I was reading it as the "bad" was the current slang for "good". As in, it's a bad product meaning it's a really good product.

Makes it fun to red the posts!

Vic

Hahaha or no hahaha Paul still pretends to be missing the point (damage control?). Anyway what goes around with the title of this thread comes back around is how I read it.

I posted my own findings tweaking FSL A320X and P3Dv3.3.5 2 or 3 days on this forum. Just dont want to quote myself, look up and ask there before venting off.

PS: late suggestion, I know.