Sign in to follow this  
heavymetalaviator

2D Panel called "Light Sensor"

Hey Everyone,

Noticing something strange here.  As I look up right under the "Flights" menu in FSX I noticed a little white dot.  I can expand this dot which stretches out to be a really distorted MCP.  Can someone please tell me what this is?  In window mode it has a title called "Light Sensor"  Also I noticed during one flight that my 2d panels when I would open them such as the FMC are extremely dark.  Not the CRT Screen but the actual FMS itself.  Anything?

Thanks everyone!

I have the same window in the P3D version. Google pmdg light sensor. It seems to be in all the PMDG airplanes or at least many.

dont  play around with it  or  else :smile:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It is a light sensor as explained in post #4. I have seen it on the MD-11, NGX, 777, and the now the 744 V3. What Peter Kelberg and David Lee say is very true - don't mess with or you will regret it I know it's tempting to put the cursor on it and start left clicking and right clicking and expand it to see what happens. I did like 7 years ago. I don't remember what happened now. I do remember it wasn't nice.

3 hours ago, coxo2436 said:

geeze you cant fly in vr with that white box smack in front of your moosh

what about a fix????????

Must  be  a  fsx  thing  since  moving  to p3dv4   its  not  there  no more,   besides  it  was  so  small  and  in  the  corner  you  didn't  notice  it at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, coxo2436 said:

geeze you cant fly in vr with that white box smack in front of your moosh

what about a fix????????

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Replying to a post almost a year old is never a good idea as it confuses thinks. If you have a problem I suggest either open a new post, stating in which sim you are seeing the issue or open a ticket through the support portal. support.precisionmanuals.com

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

However concerning VR: as you cant use 2D windows in native VR anyway just set the 2D transparency setting to 100%. 

And for the future: there‘s no point in being angry all the time. Ask, suggest, you might achieve much more than when you come in, grumble and leave with a red head. 

A fix was provided with the 747-400 update at the time the 747-8 expansion was released (2 months ago). If you still see the white box I guess you have not installed this update?

Since this is the 747 forum I assume you were talking about the 747. If you were talking about the other PMDG aircraft, the above post also explains how you can manually fix this for them as well.

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg