Sign in to follow this  
horace

View zooms out automatically with Xbox 360 Controller

Hi there,

yesterday I finally got my Xbox 360 wireless controller. Plugged it in, assigned some axes and observed a pretty weird issue.

As soon the plane is loaded in P3D 3.4 the zoom will automatically go back to 0.30. If I press the defined keyboard button for that view it happens again, every time with every view I set up (on-board and outside). Meaning the view loads with the zoom level of around 0.87 I created it with and then gradually zooms out to 0.30 within seconds. This behavior remains even when I remove all the Xbox assignments. It only stops when unplugging the Xbox receiver and restart the sim. I disabled controller within P3D as I prefer to assign them via FSUIPC. There are no specific assignments for the Xbox controller.

Any idea what may cause this?

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

EDIT: Moar information  :wink:

v0.1609 (experimental updates on)

Windows 10 (no additional xbox drivers required as per manual)

Hendrik Horeis

This is a shot in the dark:

My experience with the Xbox controller is the left thumb stick (i believe) does not have a proper dead zone. This is all from memory but, I recall looking into this problem and found you can't assign nor modify a dead zone for one of the thumb sticks, so if you have something assigned to this axis, it will always wander and never report a zero to the attached software.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Richard,

thanks for your reply. I thought to have ruled this out by removing any kind of Xbox controller assignments but I should try it again, followed by a P3D restart to see if it makes any difference. But yeah, for sure I assigned the left thumb stick to some functions in my initial setup.

I'll report back when I can get my hands on it tomorrow evening or on saturday.

Hendrik Horeis

Well it turned out a calibration via the windows gamecontroller setup (joy.cpl) actually fixed the problem  :smile:

Hendrik Horeis