Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

MSVCR120.DLL Crash

Hi,

I'm posting this issue here as I have tried in the P3D forum as well as over at LM, and am getting no advice or tips at all.

Firstly, I am in no way suggesting this is a problem due to PMDG aircraft, but it manifests itself on long haul flights, and of course, PMDG aircraft are the only ones fit for that purpose!

I was hoping for simply some insight or advice.

I have been getting these crashes at the end of long haul flights - my latest one YSSY-KDFW occurred 500 nm from the destination. So, the system has been operating for up to 10+ hours, and then the crash occurs. I can't seem to find a common denominator.

P3D Client 19868

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

GTX 970 376.33 drivers

16 Gb RAM

2 x Samsung SSD

Add-ons: ORBX (no Vector), PMDG 737,747,777, A320X, Real AIr Duke.

I have read about issues in the 777 regarding pop-ups, but this occurs with no input - simply crashes.

Like I said, I'm hoping for some advice from the experts here on how to trouble shoot this - and I reiterate that I am not suggesting it is to do with PMDG, it just that it appears to happen on long haul flights for some reason.

There are a lot of smart folk around here, maybe some one could assist me to track it down, unless the easy fix is a reinstall of Windows and starting again, which I don't mind doing.

Rgds

David Porrett

I have read about issues in the 777 regarding pop-ups, but this occurs with no input - simply crashes.

This implies you are not using 2D popups.  I've seen the use of the PFD popup during takeoff followed by a CTD event about 4 or 5 hours later and yet the two are related.

There were several of us who collaborated in the LM forum for several weeks, which is how long it took to isolate it to the left outboard display popup.  Start with a clean P3D, no addons, and start adding things.  Also, it is worth noting that the popup event always has the same exception code and one of two error offsets.  It is helpful to keep track of this info just to make sure you are repeating the same event.

Get a copy of AppCrashView, it is free and makes it easier to view the event reports than the clunky windows UI.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

This has happened recently to me in the 747. I will usually fly with pop-ups open (my old eyes aren't what they used to be). I followed that thread you speak of regarding the T7, but didn't think it was the same. During said flights, I have never seen it crash in response to manipulating a pop up, it just happens out of the blue.

I'll follow your suggestions especially the program you mention and see how I go.

David Porrett

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

This has happened recently to me in the 747. I will usually fly with pop-ups open (my old eyes aren't what they used to be). I followed that thread you speak of regarding the T7, but didn't think it was the same. During said flights, I have never seen it crash in response to manipulating a pop up, it just happens out of the blue.

I'll follow your suggestions especially the program you mention and see how I go.

Crashes stopped when I rolled back my NVIDIA driver to 376.33 then did a clean install of P3D 3.4.22

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg